Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is has potential, but too many features are missing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Is has potential, but too many features are missing

KhealThar
03.05.2012 , 10:41 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
If by "right" you mean 99% pvp and every class does the same dps just with different animations. Oh and the "massive" world is just you with 30ish people in an instance.
Haha, you seem very mad about GW2. You should probably do some research on the game before claiming random things like this

The game isn't instanced and it isn't "99% pvp" They have a huge focus on PVP and a huge focus on PVE, dynamic events and massive chains to unlock world bosses doesn't sound like a PVP feature to me.

If Star Wars would have done what GW2 is doing, it could have been the best MMO ever.
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Dorin_Kass
03.05.2012 , 10:43 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by KhealThar View Post
Haha, you seem very mad about GW2. You should probably do some research on the game before claiming random things like this

The game isn't instanced and it isn't "99% pvp" They have a huge focus on PVP and a huge focus on PVE, dynamic events and massive chains to unlock world bosses doesn't sound like a PVP feature to me.

If Star Wars would have done what GW2 is doing, it could have been the best MMO ever.
If you just missed the 1.2 reveal, you've missed out..........this game is about to get insane.
Sith Happens

KhealThar
03.05.2012 , 07:18 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorin_Kass View Post
If you just missed the 1.2 reveal, you've missed out..........this game is about to get insane.
I love this game already, I plan to play SWTOR even after GW2 comes out.

btw, what is the 1.2 reveal??
The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Dreossk
03.05.2012 , 07:58 PM | #524
Force lightning for bounty hunters, more flashpoints and basically a system to unlock the limitations they put in for the races in the first place.
SWTOR has potential, but too many features are missing
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherkarking Sith in this motherkarking Senate!"
- Mace Windu

obi-joachim
03.06.2012 , 01:45 PM | #525
You got some really good feedback right here! Even though many of these things could take decades to do i hope for the love of god sometime it will come.

Tarka
03.06.2012 , 02:08 PM | #526
It's probably not going to be a shocker for some, but I completely agree with the OP.

Sadly, it seems that the devs either don't have the time or the inclination to address a lot of what the OP highlighted.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Tarka
03.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorin_Kass View Post
There was hardly anything in 1.2 that excited me. As far as I can recall, very little of the OP's post is covered by 1.2
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

AlphA_KilLLz
03.06.2012 , 02:23 PM | #528
You are completely right and in amazes me too that a game so old like swg had more features than a 2012 mmo, like seriously bioware and lucasarts, look at all the advancements in computer technology, I'm sure they could have done better. swtor sort of feels like a half assed school project, if they had put a little more thought,creativity and time into this this game could have, and still can be amazing, I really want this game to last as long as wow or swg. I would totally give this thread a thumbs up or like.....BUT WE CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!
The weak shall parish and the strong shall rule.

Dreossk
03.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #529
Exact. The news about the next patch aren't exactly exciting as well.
SWTOR has potential, but too many features are missing
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherkarking Sith in this motherkarking Senate!"
- Mace Windu

Veult
03.08.2012 , 04:19 PM | #530
yes indeed swg had more to offer than sw:tor

I really hope there will be a housing system implemented here, but in order to do that, they'd need to rework all the planets so you can place houses there actually.
plus they need to create items you can deco your house with

I really would love to see a housing system and maybe some non-combat profs like entertainers/barbers/merchants or anything like that

also coruscant is not nearly what it was in the movies. I rerolled a rep toon just to see the planet and it was the biggest disappointment to me in this game.
a day and night cycle is also need. all the planets feel so static, like cantinas are really empty etc...

as you can see I love planets such as nar shadda, coruscant, and thats why I would love to see them having more life.

I also really agree that swg was a sandbox mmo and WoW destroyed that

BUT: BioWare is the only team who really listens to the community and thats what I love about them. and they try to implment things the community wishes asap
Marauder: lvl 55, Juggernaut lvl 55, Assassin lvl 55, Mercenary lvl 55, Vanguard lvl 55, Sentinel lvl 55, Operative lvl 55, Shadow lvl 42, Gunslinger lvl 36