Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was Vader overrated? Why and Who's better?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was Vader overrated? Why and Who's better?

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.03.2012 , 09:53 PM | #71
what i dont understand is why so manny ppl take offense at the sight or Revan defeating vader. Or vader defeating Revan... this is behond me. when cleary both situation could have happen.
IMo they are great characters, it is also behond me why someone can not like Both. yet Someone who likes a particular character is branded a fanboy... lol maybe you didnt notice it but we are all star wars fanboys no matter what. just saying.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
03.04.2012 , 12:32 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
what i dont understand is why so manny ppl take offense at the sight or Revan defeating vader. Or vader defeating Revan... this is behond me. when cleary both situation could have happen.
IMo they are great characters, it is also behond me why someone can not like Both. yet Someone who likes a particular character is branded a fanboy... lol maybe you didnt notice it but we are all star wars fanboys no matter what. just saying.
Well I enjoy the debates and arguing. Its quite fun when you argue with someone who doesn't troll hard.

And I agree with how the whole, "Just because I like somebody it makes me a fanboy."
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

JesterSithMaster's Avatar


JesterSithMaster
03.05.2012 , 07:38 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Galen Marek is canon, and Sidious was torturing Luke meaning he wasn't using his full power up until Vader picked him up.
What makes Galen cannon? Him being in a couple video games and some books? It takes more than that. If we are going to say that any character that ever had an appearance in ANY Star Wars source makes it cannon, then Darth Maul didn't die when he was sliced in half and wen tumbling down that shaft, Obi-Wan was Luke's father, and Luke would have killed Vader to take his place as Sidious's new apprentice.

Just cause something is written about a certain character does not make it cannon. The reason why Galen is not cannon is cause there's a alternate storyline in the game where he kills Vader and becomes Sidious's new apprentice. That alone contradicts and is a violation of cannon. Here's the quote from Wikipedia:

Quote:
George Lucas retains ultimate creative control over the Star Wars universe. For example, the "death" of central characters and similar changes in the status quo must first pass his screening before authors are given the go-ahead. In addition, Lucasfilm Licensing devotes considerable effort to ensure continuity between the works of various authors across multiple companies. Nothing in the Expanded Universe is supposed to contradict the films or any other part of the Expanded Universe. Upon occasion, Lucas's new films, reedited Original Trilogy films, or statements have contradicted existing EU material, and several retcons have been used to fix these inconsistencies.
Sincerely,
Jester

TKMaster's Avatar


TKMaster
03.05.2012 , 08:58 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterSithMaster View Post
What makes Galen cannon? Him being in a couple video games and some books? It takes more than that. If we are going to say that any character that ever had an appearance in ANY Star Wars source makes it cannon, then Darth Maul didn't die when he was sliced in half and wen tumbling down that shaft, Obi-Wan was Luke's father, and Luke would have killed Vader to take his place as Sidious's new apprentice.

Just cause something is written about a certain character does not make it cannon. The reason why Galen is not cannon is cause there's a alternate storyline in the game where he kills Vader and becomes Sidious's new apprentice. That alone contradicts and is a violation of cannon. Here's the quote from Wikipedia:



Sincerely,
Jester
lol, boy are you in for a helluva shock......
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg

Akento's Avatar


Akento
03.05.2012 , 09:03 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterSithMaster View Post
What makes Galen cannon? Him being in a couple video games and some books? It takes more than that. If we are going to say that any character that ever had an appearance in ANY Star Wars source makes it cannon, then Darth Maul didn't die when he was sliced in half and wen tumbling down that shaft, Obi-Wan was Luke's father, and Luke would have killed Vader to take his place as Sidious's new apprentice.

Just cause something is written about a certain character does not make it cannon. The reason why Galen is not cannon is cause there's a alternate storyline in the game where he kills Vader and becomes Sidious's new apprentice. That alone contradicts and is a violation of cannon. Here's the quote from Wikipedia:



Sincerely,
Jester
I don't mean to burst your bubble... But that whole arguement that "Galen isn't canon." is false. Let me ask you.... Do you believe that Revan or the Exile is not canon? They each had a game about themselves.... And there were alternate endings.
"The dead never lie."

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.05.2012 , 09:08 AM | #76
What I can not seem to understand is how can someone be overrated because they were a good character in a good story.
Vadar's story is EPIC alone and deserves every credit it gets .
Epic tail of love and redemtion .

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.05.2012 , 09:12 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Akento View Post
I don't mean to burst your bubble... But that whole arguement that "Galen isn't canon." is false. Let me ask you.... Do you believe that Revan or the Exile is not canon? They each had a game about themselves.... And there were alternate endings.
Forcesunleashed is part Canon, it is canon that Merek beat Vadar in both games by books and Lucas . Lucas after all was very much apart of the story if Merek in ways he never was before that game in any game to that matter.

Revan and Exile are EU canon by books and comics, the games allow you to pick paths , the books and comics show the real paths they took.
Idk about you but predetermind paths suck and like how KotoR allowed me to pick what I wanted.
EP3 game had alternative endings as well but they didn't matter because the Movies and Books > games .

Akento's Avatar


Akento
03.05.2012 , 09:19 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Forcesunleashed is part Canon, it is canon that Merek beat Vadar in both games by books and Lucas . Lucas after all was very much apart of the story if Merek in ways he never was before that game in any game to that matter.

Revan and Exile are EU canon by books and comics, the games allow you to pick paths , the books and comics show the real paths they took.
Idk about you but predetermind paths suck and like how KotoR allowed me to pick what I wanted.
EP3 game had alternative endings as well but they didn't matter because the Movies and Books > games .
Nah i totally agree, i love when i can make my own decisions. But i was just letting that guy know... Just because there is a game where there is an alternate ending, doesn't mean the whole character is non canon.
"The dead never lie."

Cordarn's Avatar


Cordarn
03.05.2012 , 10:00 AM | #79
I will only stand up for vader for this one reason. (I like revan though so vader is pwned anyways.) He wiped the entire order. (with the 501st on his back.

My favorite siths: Revan, vader. My favorite jedi: yoda revan obi wan mace.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Cordarn's Avatar


Cordarn
03.05.2012 , 10:03 AM | #80
Hey hey guys we all know starkiller would KILL em all. JUST KIDDING DO NOT TROLL ON ME!.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?