Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder PvP Running spec 24/0/17

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder PvP Running spec 24/0/17

lollermittens
03.02.2012 , 11:32 AM | #11
Interesting spec.

Only viable for premades however.

Foxcolt
03.02.2012 , 11:36 AM | #12
Seems like just going full rage and picking up Relentless Fury would make it so you aren't useless in any other wz besides Huttball imo.

Havantia
03.03.2012 , 06:53 AM | #13
Another point to add to this way of approaching Hutball or maybe other WZ's too.

The speed buff is for all, mobile healers love it or at least the ones in our group do Helps them to keep out of harms way.

Although damage is down its not the end of the world bad, if your a team focussed player its worth trying a couple of times just for a giggle.

I dont use the run spec to often but its a change now and again.
A wookie is for life, not just for Christmas

Shatterstar
03.03.2012 , 11:38 PM | #14
Looks allot like this sent spec I saw posted in the JK forum a couple days ago. Can't find the thread I saw it in, but thankfully I saved the build.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrorZMZrr0rdM.1

Also, check the "speedbreaker" build in this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=331489

So, it would seem the enemy knows too.

Hodgeyman
03.04.2012 , 07:37 PM | #15
I guess I should've made a big separate post in all caps stating that this spec is no fun for non-premade pvp.

I rarely queue solo, haven't since I hit 60+.

As for the damage, it really isn't as bad as it seems. I am typically #2 or #3 in overall warzone damage. Of course its all skill based, not trying to say I'm better than others, this spec does take time to get used to.

The spec is viable for Civil War as well. In playing with bad teams (don't you just get them all the time?) its nice to be able to team carry with a group of 4 running around defending. The 10% defense is a small boon too, for voidstar defense. The only time I feel pathetic and useless is voidstar offense.

I'm back Rage now, but it was a refreshing feel, and I will probably switch to this for rated. Run speed to me will always be the PvP king.

lolcthulhu
03.04.2012 , 10:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hodgeyman View Post
I'm back Rage now
Ever notice the best marauders spec rage? Rage spec doesnt get enough love imo
Shoryuken <Order of Shadow>
2401 Rated