Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

episodes 4,5,6 and the empire??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
episodes 4,5,6 and the empire??

ecana
03.04.2012 , 06:48 PM | #1
so the empire in those episodes..were they really empire? and if so where did they come from/ what happened to them before that? or were they just republic people who follow the new order and call them selves empire much like vader and the emp call them selves sith??
If a man does not strike first he will be first struck.

Wolfninjajedi
03.04.2012 , 06:52 PM | #2
They were an Empire yes, formed from the remains of the Republic in EP 1-3. If your talking about if its the same Empire as in this game, then no.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ecana
03.04.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
They were an Empire yes, formed from the remains of the Republic in EP 1-3. If your talking about if its the same Empire as in this game, then no.
so then the empire does truly get destroyed then? ....between here and then.
If a man does not strike first he will be first struck.

Wolfninjajedi
03.04.2012 , 06:56 PM | #4
It either gets destroyed, or merges with the Republic at some point in time. Either way its gonna be gone.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Lurkz
03.04.2012 , 07:38 PM | #5
The Sith Empire, has risen and fallen several times throughout the SW timeline. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

ErikModi
03.04.2012 , 08:12 PM | #6
The Sith (and thus, the Sith Empire) is completely wiped out in the Ruusan Campaign, except for Darth Bane, who establishes the hidden "Rule of Two" Sith. This Sith Order culminates in Darth Sidious destroying the Jedi (except for Obi-Wan and Yoda), and finally fulfilling the Sith's long-held dream of a galaxy-spanning Empire (except for the Unknown Regions, which the Emperor was working to bring under his control, mostly through Grand Admiral Thrawn.)

So really, while Palpatine's Empire is not contiguous with TOR's Sith Empire, the former is the spiritual successor of the latter.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

westraz
03.04.2012 , 08:35 PM | #7
there well be at lest one more Sith Empire form the time line of the game to the movies, that has NOTING to do with this game, other then it a Sith Empire, we stall have the Bane time line before the movie but after the game
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!