Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good eveling companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Good eveling companions

Animeprime
03.04.2012 , 12:56 PM | #1
I just hit level 25 on tatooine and got my second companion. Now that I actually have a choice (Silence 2V-R8! You'll do my laundry and like it!) I was hoping to get your opinions on good leveling partners as a sorcerer for the next ten to fifteen levels. My first instinct is to stick with Khem Val since he's a good tank and I'm fairly squishy. While questing with Revel I noticed I was getting hit a lot more and having to heal more often since he didn't manage threat like Khem. I was still able to take down silver and gold mobs though thanks to his higher DPS and we tore down packs very quickly. I'm also not sure if I should be keeping him in sniper or AoE mode, that might make a difference. I'm also noticing that Khem is also taking damage more quickly even though I keep him pretty well geared. The next one looks like Ashara but everyone seems to think she sucks, though I'm not sure if thats because of bugs or she's always disproving of you. On that note, what does Revel approve and disprove of? My character is fairly bloodthirsty which has coincided with Khem Vals personality, but Revel doesn't seem to respond much. I don't pick my choices based on my companions but if he's going to constantly be disproving of me I'll need to invest in a lot of gifts.

Hraken
03.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #2
I find Revel's likes are fairly similar to Khem's, albeit a tad less bloodthirsty. In particular, he tends to like it when you assert your own independence/individuality.
Master Hraken Creel (Level 50 Jedi Sage)
Darth Aerand (Level 50 Sith Sorcerer)
Cassus Creel, Hired Gun (Level 16 Powertech)

verfallen
03.04.2012 , 01:48 PM | #3
Obviously, since they aren't tanks, they won't generate as much threat as khem.

As a DPS assassin or sorc, you'll even out-threat them on all enemies you hit on.

For normal mob, you'll take damage but still rip through them. For elites and such, it works a bit less well, since neither is very good at taking damage.

For the record, ashara and Revel have similar damage output, one being melee and the other ranged is the main difference.

It is also normal that game content gets harder. Companions will have an harder time as you level.

FelixDraac
03.04.2012 , 02:26 PM | #4
I will say that pretty much as soon as I got him I used Revel almost exclusively, his good dps rate meant we could generally burn down mobs fast enough that we were in no serious danger with my lightning spec sorcerer I simply made sure to keep his pistols upgraded to max his dps and his gear as best I could.

I only eventually dropped him for Ashara mostly so I could earn affection with her but would fairly often switch to him after having her there when I was talking.
"I may not like what you have to say, but I at least won't stop you from saying it!"