Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starwars Xmas Special LOL

UrbanChili
12.15.2011 , 01:25 AM | #11
Horrible! I couldn't even watch the first 5 min movie, I cringed more and more. I was 14 when the first Star Wars came out but have never seen this before. I can understand why Lukas hate it lol

A'Nuea

DoctorBeckett
12.15.2011 , 02:38 AM | #12
I have it on a VHS tape. I picked it up at Star Wars Celebration 1 in Denver. The Special was horrible. But it was worth it.
For free stuff...
Are you looking for a casual leveling guild on the Harbinger server? Join <Hawke's Flight>(Imp side) and <Hawke's Nest> (Pub side). Pub/Imp sides.
Hawke's Flight/Hawke's Nest Guild Site

alexgoll
12.15.2011 , 04:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by whilom View Post
it was still better than the last 3 movies
Yes. And I like not only cartoon part.
Art Carney as trader Saun Dann was funny.
Thanks to him I bought SWG to play Trader char.

Good site about film
http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/

kremzeek
12.15.2011 , 07:01 AM | #14
........awefull.....just.....awefull
[█[HHHHH]()█Ξ█████████████████████████████████)
SWTOR CE Owner

Geladius
12.15.2011 , 08:08 AM | #15
Luke has so much make up he looks like a mannequin.

Anareon
12.15.2011 , 02:00 PM | #16
Another thing comes to mind about that decade. Variety shows - like the Star Wars Christmas special were hugely popular back then. If you were a has-been celebrity and needed a career boost or a paycheck you did a "special" one time variety show. Today they would invent a "reality" show to accomplish the same end. Or it is was a great way for the networks (all three of them) to promote new talent.

And of course there were many well established variety shows by popular celebrities, The Carol Burnett show being one of the best and most famous. So for that time period it was completly logical to premiere a cheap and fast variety show to promote a franchise or celebrity.

swampthing
12.15.2011 , 02:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Anareon View Post
Another thing comes to mind about that decade. Variety shows - like the Star Wars Christmas special were hugely popular back then. If you were a has-been celebrity and needed a career boost or a paycheck you did a "special" one time variety show. Today they would invent a "reality" show to accomplish the same end. Or it is was a great way for the networks (all three of them) to promote new talent.

And of course there were many well established variety shows by popular celebrities, The Carol Burnett show being one of the best and most famous. So for that time period it was completly logical to premiere a cheap and fast variety show to promote a franchise or celebrity.

Yup, variety shows were huge. I remember the star wars xmas special as a kid of 9, i remember thinking it was great at the time and wondered why it wasn't on the next year as certain holiday shows back then were annual things. Wizard of oz was always on around thanksgiving, the grinch and the claymation rudolph shows were always on around xmas.

Honestly i thought those 2 ewok tv movies were way worse than the xmas special. The ewok adventure and the battle for endor. Surprised lucas never made a jarjar show as he seems to have a knack for taking things the fans hate the most and try and make it into something.

SwiftSteven
12.15.2011 , 06:08 PM | #18
i dont know if this is funnier then it is painful First time i saw it i almost myself

MrCrisp
12.15.2011 , 06:23 PM | #19
OMG I hate the cassette sound track for the christmas special, now you know how old I am. On a seperate note, any one remember the muppet show where Mark Hammel guest starred and save leia (miss piggy) from dirk nader (gonzo as darth)? That was all we talked about in school for 2 weeks after.
ACK...I pre ordered and still don't have my super awesome mohawk grenade yet!!!