Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for good naming guidelines, generators, and the like

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Looking for good naming guidelines, generators, and the like

depizan
12.15.2011 , 03:50 PM | #1
I've found a few pretty generic name generators, but I was hoping there might be more species specific name generators out there. Even naming conventions for the races would be great. Wookieepedia has good species history, but is a bit lacking when it comes to names.

That could be because there aren't conventions for some of the species, of course.

Thanks all.

Dedicance
12.15.2011 , 06:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by depizan View Post
I've found a few pretty generic name generators, but I was hoping there might be more species specific name generators out there. Even naming conventions for the races would be great. Wookieepedia has good species history, but is a bit lacking when it comes to names.

That could be because there aren't conventions for some of the species, of course.

Thanks all.
I been thinking all day how am i going to name my jedi knight -_-
"Translation: He requires proof of good faith. We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?"

Bald_Haliaeetus
12.15.2011 , 06:19 PM | #3
I'm not aware of any decent generators, but I'd recommend going to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page and looking up whatever race you're thinking of playing.

Chiss, for example, is one that may be difficult to come up with a name that suits the species, so a few examples from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss are:

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Baldarek
Sev'rance Tann
Kung'urama'nuruodo
Chaf'orm'bintrano
Prard'ras'kleoni
Fehlaaur'aitel'loro
Jer'Jo Cam'Co

...just clip out chunk of them and mesh them together and you'll have something that looks and sounds like a Chiss name, but it utterly unique: Sev'raw'kleoni, for example.

More work that pressing "generate" but probably worth it.