Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't get willpower datacron on alderaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can't get willpower datacron on alderaan
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JDeish
03.02.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1
My character has body build number 3 and I cannot fit through the door to get the datacron. I know many people have had this same issue, I would just like to know if it will be fixed with the new patch coming out or if anyone knows a way around the doorway. Thank you

FAAK
03.02.2012 , 07:22 PM | #2
I've heard that if you get someone with a pull type ability (not sure what they're called) to dual you and they stand on the other side of the door and use the ability on you they can pull you through the door way. Just remember they're going to have to pull you back through too when you're done.

Erulinda
03.02.2012 , 07:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FAAK View Post
Just remember they're going to have to pull you back through too when you're done.
Fleet Pass and The Fast Travel thingie should help in that regard... I heard it can be done, so worth a try, OP
Healing since Everquest... and yes, you are all right "It truely always IS the healers fault"

Denskoo
03.02.2012 , 07:31 PM | #4
Or die and get rez'd on the other side. It just has to be a player rez though, not your own self rez thing.

JDeish
03.02.2012 , 07:54 PM | #5
Thank you for the replies. I will try all of them to get it. I will respond and let everyone know if i am successful

Sutii
03.02.2012 , 08:45 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello JDeish,

We are aware of certain issues with gaining access to some datacrons which should be addressed in an upcoming patch. We regret we will be unable to provide further updates on this, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

Additionally you can monitor the Public Test Server for potential upcoming fixes and changes, the patch notes for the Public Test Server can normally be found stickied within the Public Test Server Forum. Please note that the Public Test Server Patch Notes are not final, and can be subject to change.

As others have noted, there are a variety of ways that can be currently employed to overcome this problem, I wish you every success with them.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

thestormiscoming
03.15.2012 , 03:44 PM | #7
I wish I read this before wasting time on this datacron... lame.
"This is the price you pay for loss of control."

Kencussion
03.19.2012 , 10:08 AM | #8
Saw this note in the upcoming 1.2 Patch Notes...
Quote:
Corrected many instances of misplaced geometry, visible seams, and incorrect collision with world objects throughout the game.
Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Mandrath
03.19.2012 , 10:49 AM | #9
If you want to get the datacron now, do the following. I just did this with my Body Type 3 Guardian.

Turn on autorun, facing the crack. Zoom in to first person view and continually jump and open windows until your framerate drops below 10FPS. I had to use P and I to get my framerate that low.

Once your framerate drops that significantly, you will basically lag your way through the crack.
Watch your back...Life is out to kill you!

Ayann
03.19.2012 , 10:54 AM | #10
A sith sorceror group member could pull you through the crack. And a sith juggernaut could force leap towards his group members.