Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

Icarleug
03.01.2012 , 04:37 AM | #181
Firstly, thank you for an excellent Codex, it really has helped me shape my Assassin!

Secondly, I accidentally found something out that I really have not seen anywhere, guide or not (though I must confess I can only read through so many guides and forum threads).

(PVE)
While soloing a Heroic I cast Mind Trap on one mob to tie it up, then proceeded to kill off everyone else normally. At the end of the first part of the fight I got a bit away from the trapped mob and was too lazy to run over to it, so I used Force Pull to bring it to me.
That's when I noticed that Force Pull do not break your Mind Trap.

I guess since the Force Pull have only aggro effect and no damage it won't break the trap (and Mind Trap states that damage will break it).

So for multiple mobs you can Mind Trap, then run away a bit and pull the trapped mob from the rest of the pack (possibly while sending in your pet if you have a tank companion up), then run in to join the fight. Mind Trapped mob is now far away from the rest and you can use AoE effects to your liking.
Sure, when the mob breaks it will be pretty pissed on you, but since I am a tank I don't mind.

Sorry if it was common knowledge, but I honestly did not know about it before i stumbled upon it.
The sections on Crowd Control, Mind Trap and Force Pull don't mention it either.

All tips and tricks are nice, and this certainly makes handling groups of mobs easier.

/Andreas
Prepare to embrace the shadow within, there is no other way you can defeat me. Embrace the dark side or die. The choice is yours, weak Jedi.

deags
03.02.2012 , 07:30 AM | #182
Hey guys i've been wondering about the darkness pvp spec of 31/0/10, I've been told this spec is still viable for pvp while stacking up your gear and stats as if your were still a dps, is this true or should i be going for tank gear before respecing into darkness (currently decep Chain shock pvp spec)
Vors, sith assassin of Guild Grievance
www.grievanceguild.com

QuakerOatsCrunch
03.02.2012 , 08:08 PM | #183
Hi!,

Please help me because I am really confused on which one to get? or which one is better for PVP.

I am a sith assasin and I have reset all of my skill points. I want to get the deception tree with the build ?-31-?. THe question mark indicates 10 points are still remaining in which I want to use for the right skills

Im confused on which skills are better or build is better when it comes to pvp. I want a more damage build but Ok with the survivability. Please help me in my concern.

1. Which is better to have between the skills Crackling CHarge or Sith Defiance?
2. Which is better between Entropic field or Fade?
3. Which is better between the two, CHARGING mastery or CHAIN shock?

Kindly answer me with your best response based on experience because I believe that it is better to believe the experience of the players rather than relying to a certain calculator. If you have screen shots of your damage or skill tree please post it.

Many thanks my co-sith assasin. It will be a great help for me and for my brothers and friends who is a assasin as well.

Funny thing is we all have FAT body type and I think we will create a guild which includes al FAT bodytypes.. hahaha

I will await for your responses SITH LORDS! Glory for the EMPIRE! STRIKE WITH FURY AND PASSION!

AetherMcLoud
03.05.2012 , 03:14 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by QuakerOatsCrunch View Post
1. Which is better to have between the skills Crackling CHarge or Sith Defiance?
Try reading the talent "Crackling Charge" again, and think about what Charge you use as Decception.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

blue_bovie
03.07.2012 , 01:38 PM | #185
After playing one particular MMORPG for 3.5 years, I decided to dive into this one over the weekend, so I'm very new. I was hoping to come across a guide, and this is exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much for putting the time into it.

StewyG
03.11.2012 , 08:47 PM | #186
The Survivability Madness build looks like the one that I would use when im level 50 but this is my current build that allows me to survive longer than with other builds. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZZfMfRrbkb.1 I know that it is for a level 34 but i will have everything above what I already have and nothing below the top tier that I don't have. Please tell me what you think of that build and any advice is welcome. (When I am level 50 the build will look like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZGhMZfMfRrbkbfz.1 I have no tested that build so it may not be great.)
Cleveland-50 Assassin
Merneptah-50 Sniper
Mae'fole-50 Vanguard
The Alobad Legacy

KingWayRemiel
03.24.2012 , 08:58 AM | #187
Will the assassin the BM Survivor gear, with the dmg the mods?
Me a set of champion dmg package, but I do not know what mod the replaced?
Request to help guide

Taow
03.24.2012 , 10:50 PM | #188
Ideally you would have both the stalker and survivor set, and replace the mods between the same pieces (pull the tank mods out before you put the dps ones over them) but that is slightly ridiculous with the BM gear. Just use that as a comparison point. Look at the stalker chest and get whatever level mods you can of the same type to put into the survivor chest.

Genttry
03.25.2012 , 07:47 AM | #189
Nice guide

Carthil
03.25.2012 , 08:41 AM | #190
Hello, I scanned through several pages and didn't see what I was looking for, so I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed.

I seem to be having a bug with Death Field. Instead of giving 1% for each target hit, up to 3 targets, it is just giving me a flat 1% regardless of how many targets are hit. In fact, I can cast Death Field on empty space and get 1% back - no targets hit. Am I missing something? The difference between 1% and 3% health return is small but noticeable, but when it's 2% vs. 6% it will be much more so. I submitted a bug report and got standard "sorry, we're looking into it" response back.