Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please buff Sorc/Sage DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please buff Sorc/Sage DPS

RahlLegacy
03.02.2012 , 02:53 PM | #111
Just come and out and say what you want to say. That you don't think Sorcs are OP and everyone that does should quit crying. Or did this all start because you work at some crap desk job but you really wanted to be a lawyer, thought you were "too intelligent" to finish college because you were so freaking wicked crazy smart that it bored you and now you want to talk circles around a forum thread? *Overloads, pops bubble, force speeds behind pylon* ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ruuprect
03.02.2012 , 02:57 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
Example 1: My attacks deal 4000 damage, but are on a 6 sec cooldown.
Example 2: My attacks deal 1000 damage, global cooldown.

Damage for both is 4000 every 6 seconds, or 666.66 DPS. i.e. identical DPS.

However, in the first second, Example 1 has done 4000, example 2 only 1000.
4000 vs 1000 is a 400% difference.

You can only maintain identical DPS on example 2 if you can actually *maintain* DPS against that target. If interrupted, LOS'd, stunned, knockedback, etc., then your REAL DPS (aka Applied DPS) is actually lower for example 2.

Sorcs need more burst, less "sustained" dps.
Lol, 12 pages and ^ that is all you needed to say to make some sense.

Personally I like to have sustained DPS as opposed to burst, but to each thier own.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Russkiier
03.02.2012 , 02:58 PM | #113
lol, i dont want a nerf for sorc/sages, but thats just because I play one

Sorcs/sages definitely dont need a buff (unless it is fixing the animation time damage delays[which is really more of a balance issue]) at all

Sorcs have the most utility in the game, plus bubble, plus heals. you dont need to be the one killing every other enemy player, just weakening them via stuns or DoTs so that your Bursty classes (like maurader/sentinel) can murderize them. No class should be able to do it all.

RahlLegacy
03.02.2012 , 03:03 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
Example 1: My attacks deal 4000 damage, but are on a 6 sec cooldown.
Example 2: My attacks deal 1000 damage, global cooldown.

Damage for both is 4000 every 6 seconds, or 666.66 DPS. i.e. identical DPS.

However, in the first second, Example 1 has done 4000, example 2 only 1000.
4000 vs 1000 is a 400% difference.

You can only maintain identical DPS on example 2 if you can actually *maintain* DPS against that target. If interrupted, LOS'd, stunned, knockedback, etc., then your REAL DPS (aka Applied DPS) is actually lower for example 2.

Sorcs need more burst, less "sustained" dps.
With that argument, it is, as you say, a "Wash" because you also will be locking them up, or depending on class, interrupting their damage to a point where they may actually get 0 to your 1000.

As for you not being able to kill someone, well, just do what all good sorcs do and gank all the people that are about to die anyway. And learn how to run away and swallow your pride. A truly good Sorc knows that his AOEs and DoTs are a way to make the other team think he is doing crazy damage so that they begin to focus more on him, become enraged, and forget about the objectives. Then when they are after you, you stay alive while your team caps objectives, heals you, and pzzwnts in the other teams faces. We dont need a DPS buff because the damage we cause can only be measured in the nightmares and broken keyboards of our enemies. In that we are King.

Cleikauf
03.02.2012 , 03:07 PM | #115

BrotardNosef
03.02.2012 , 03:08 PM | #116
Need moar deeps
Server: The Maw