Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Auto asign of items in normal opperations - How to make it better!

Thoffs
02.29.2012 , 07:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hojdar View Post
I don't think guilds ever were intented to run normal operations, It's just too easy to get through. Normal mode was meant for people to pug, so they could experience the raid without beeing in a guild and get a chance at some decent loot.

The loot system raises some eyesbrows I agree, but the normal mode is just the product of "everyone should be able to experience everything", and not intended for guild raiding.
Heh, every time I see posters that say this, I LOL.

Lets see -- I am in a large guild, leveled to 50 while grouping with guildies. So, now I want to run an OP. So I say, "Hey guildies, lets get some new 50s together and do an ops -- we don't know the fights, and we have green gear, but lets not do a normal mode ops, that is too EASY (at least, that is what the forum posters say). Lets start out in hard mode ops!!!".

Or alternatively, now that I am 50, I will suddenly start grouping with PUGs for normal mode ops because normal mode ops is too easy and the guild thus does not run them (NOT).

My guild has about six different 8-man ops groups, two of which are currently doing nightmare (my ops group is on HM ops). ALL of them started out in normal mode ops, and all new ops groups will do the same. Why would you use PUGs for them and not guild groups? How do you learn the fights if you are a new 50 unless you want to be carried by a HM ops team?

Of course, normal mode ops is intended for guild raiding (and of course, for PUGs). To say otherwise is mind-boggling.

And to stay on topic, I agree with the original poster, a change to the normal mode ops system is needed.

Next time I am in a Normal mode ops group that is trying to gear somebody, I will use the trick of exiting area before the chest is opened or the boss is downed to avoid being assigned yet another piece of gear that I don't need.

Evel
02.29.2012 , 08:35 AM | #22
If they insist on handing out loot that is fine, but at least add some intelligence to it. Simply check what the person is currently wearing by their Rating. If the Rating that they are wearing is greater than the item being dealt mark it as a "Greed" and move on to the next available candidate. That way it goes to the person that "Needs" it versus the person that is just helping the run succeed and the item being sold or rotting in the cargo hold.

OR

At least make it a popup option that the assigned loot can be "Passed" on to the next person.

OR

Simply make it tradable for 10-minutes to anyone that was there for the kill OR when the player leaves the instance (to prevent trading it to an alt).
Infernal Empire
A Community for Adult Gamers
Website | Thread | About | How to Join?
Est. 2004

Deresdod
02.29.2012 , 11:15 AM | #23
The person that votes 'No' will be kicked.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

Niil
02.29.2012 , 11:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Snoizer View Post
I have an idea that may how been brought up but that I think is a must to be brought in to the game. he system that auto asigns the loot to one "suitable" player in normal opperations is AWFUL for guild runs. Me and my guild is trying to gear up for Hard Mode but I keep getting items that I already have that someone else need.

Here is my idea.

Before the opperation starts the group leader can start a vote. In the vote u can vote either "yes" or "no" on the question "Do you want to use master loot". If everyone votes "yes" (100%) the master loot aplies. If anyone votes no, the same system is kept. This will make it easier for guilds and also dont ruin it for PuGs.

What do you think?
How bout if anyone other than the raid leader votes no they are removed from the group. The master looter, or raid leader, is the one who should be determining how loot is done. Your option, as a pug, is to quit if you don't like it.

Edit: I do agree, however, that the random loot assignment is silly. Particularly when the same people have 5+ extra pieces they don't need and someone is sitting there with tionese. I just don't see the logic in allowing 1 person to screw a group because they don't like how it's being done.

Lunalily
03.02.2012 , 12:07 AM | #25
I went in there to help some guildmates. I got 4 that I didn't need, but that my guildmates could have used... It's retarded that even master looter auto-assigns loot. Incoming 3,000 item transfer requests. SIGH.

Cwild
03.02.2012 , 08:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunalily View Post
I went in there to help some guildmates. I got 4 that I didn't need, but that my guildmates could have used... It's retarded that even master looter auto-assigns loot. Incoming 3,000 item transfer requests. SIGH.
good luck on item transfer requests. I ran HM FE like 2 weeks ago with a group. The IA chest dropped from malgus, the tank accidently hit need, and immediately we both put in tickets. He apologized and I understood. They told us it has been bumped up to a specialization team...and currently its been 2 weeks.

its good times, great support system we got here!

CogitoErgo
03.02.2012 , 08:47 AM | #27
I saw several posts in the Q&A thread about this problem for this week's thread. Hopefully we'll see something later today when they post it.

Foenixz
03.02.2012 , 10:37 AM | #28
I guess that every pc that dropped in ZG, MC, AQ20, AQ40, Naxx, Kara, Gruuls, Mags, SSC, TK, BT, Sunwell, LootNaxx, Ulduar, ToC, ICC and so on you could use?

Wow not to mention instances, FPs, need I go on. If they implement Master Loot, Less needs to drop or only one Columi pc which is a random pc
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong