Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't launch.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 10:36 PM | #1
Hello all,

I've been scanning the forums for some time, it appears that a few people have had the same problem as me but I can't seem to find a solution that works for me.

I live in Australia, the game was launched yesterday, I received it in the post today, I've installed from the Discs.

When I run launcher, nothing happens. It is however running when I open task manager so I can't run it again.

I've tried deleting the patch folder and running fixlauncher.exe.

I've run chkdsk.

I've downloaded and run the installer from swtor.com over the top of my origional install, no errors, just says installation complete.

Any advice anyone, or anyone else having exact same problem??

Smaois
03.01.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DanielWooly,

Pease post your most recent Launcher Log here.

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 10:38 PM | #3
I am ending the process in task manager before trying all the other steps. I have also rebooted lots, and checked the program is running as an administrator.

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 10:41 PM | #4
I have no directory called Logs in my 'Star Wars - The Old Republic' directory? Is this because the game has never launched?

Smaois
03.01.2012 , 10:48 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DanielWooly,

Please try deleting the 'Patch' folder again. Do not cancel the process in Task Manager before doing this.

Please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Once this is complete, please run FixLauncher.exe(also in the above location), then please try to start the Launcher again.

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 10:55 PM | #6
When i run fixlauncher, i get an error message saying:

Some files could not be created, Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart this installation.

And in the installation box it says:

Extracting files to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic" folder
Cannot create avcodec-53.dll
Cannot create avformat-53.dll
Cannot create avutil-51.dll
Cannot create chrome.pak
Cannot create icudt.dll
Cannot create launcher.exe
Cannot create libcef.dll
Cannot create locales\en-US.pak

Does this help?
Thanks for the quick response by the way.

Smaois
03.01.2012 , 10:57 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DanielWooly,

Please try reinstalling the Launcher again.

To do this.please go to www.swtor.com/download and download the setup file again and run it.(Please run the file as Administrator and add an exception for SWTOR_setup.exe to your firewall and anti-virus software).

This will reinstall the Launcher, it will not download the game content again.

You should also check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system, including the optional updates such as .NET framework and Visual C++ features.

Please also ensure that you run the Launcher with Administrator privileges.

We hope this resolves the issue for you!

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 10:59 PM | #8
Oh and I then cancelled the process in taskmanager, and tried launcher again. No luck, just creates a new empty patch folder and starts up new process in taskmanager but nothing else.

DanielWooly
03.01.2012 , 11:08 PM | #9
I've just re downloaded and tried again. Still the same. I've already tried re installing, but no luck. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Insomnio
03.01.2012 , 11:23 PM | #10
I just tried to launch the game, and the launcher will not start. It worked earlier today. Located in the US, Detroit.