Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help with increasing FPS in game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Need help with increasing FPS in game.

Darth_Alki
12.15.2011 , 04:23 PM | #1
FPS is a tad low in populated zones (10-20 FPS) ... what can I do to increase FPS? (all my settings are on low, shadows are disabled and bloom is off).

Asus Nvidia GTS450 Top
Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz
8 GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Windows 7-64 Home

I have heard about forcing AA and changing around a few other things in the Nvidia Control Panel to help increase FPS, but I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere. I don't want to go poking around and mess things up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”
. <--- Fear the Beta pixel!

Darth_Alki
12.15.2011 , 05:17 PM | #2
bump ...

Anyone?
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”
. <--- Fear the Beta pixel!

Hammerz
12.15.2011 , 05:20 PM | #3
get in the line like most of us mate, we are having the same issue dude, there are other forums open about this issue dude.

Dosvor
12.15.2011 , 05:20 PM | #4
I just read on another thread to put all settings ingame to high, apply, then back to low. Not sure if you have same issue as other poster.

Zabonam
12.15.2011 , 05:22 PM | #5
There's 2 types of people with low fps issues.

Those that have low performance due to their system. In which case turning the shadows off seems to help people a lot.

Then there's those of us, like myself with a pretty decent system and get low fps the longer we play due to what seemingly is a memory leak in the software.

Either way, the game is poorly optimised.

Melted_Igloo
12.15.2011 , 05:26 PM | #6
Its definitely shadows, worlds with lots of environment shadows my computer struggles

Worlds with little shadows the game runs fine

Zabonam
12.15.2011 , 05:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Melted_Igloo View Post
Its definitely shadows, worlds with lots of environment shadows my computer struggles

Worlds with little shadows the game runs fine
Some of us having issues regardless of shadows though. There are a few threads about it. The longer we play the worse the game runs. I start off when I log in with 110fps, then after around 30mins it drops to 40fps or so and starts being like freeze frame and gets audio tearing too.