Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forum Timezone Off by 1 Hour

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Forum Timezone Off by 1 Hour

phrstbrn
12.14.2011 , 05:56 AM | #1
I have the my timezone set under "Basic Information" to my current timezone (GMT-5), and I'm seeing everything as 1 hour ahead.

Right now it's 6:55AM my time (EST/GMT-5) as I'm typing it, and this post is going to show up as 7:55AM for me when I look at my own thread. I looked through the stickies and didn't see anything about the forum timezones not working properly.

Not a huge issue, but somewhat annoying. Yes, I realize I could set myself to GMT-6 as a workaround.

RickRedOne
12.14.2011 , 06:03 AM | #2
This has been an issue before. Go into your account and change you timezone to something else, then save it. Then change it back to your correct timezone, save it and see it that fixes it.

Also check the DST setting.
The Details, it is all about the Details
Adapt, Overcome, Improvise

phrstbrn
12.14.2011 , 06:09 AM | #3
Nope, doesn't do anything. I tried it several times, and I even tried hitting the logout button, restarting my browser in the chance that it was some weird fluke.

It's Standard Time worldwide, last of DST timezones ended in November (transition started in September...), so that shouldn't matter at all.

phrstbrn
12.14.2011 , 11:09 AM | #4
To the top! Hopefully somebody from BW notices the timezone issue.

MuteAssassin
12.15.2011 , 05:35 PM | #5
For the time being you could always just set your Time zone setting to 1 hour off from what it should be.

For me, it should be set to GMT-5. Everything was showing 1 hour ahead so i just set it to GMT-6. Did the trick until it's sorted.