Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranged dps. Sorc vs merc vs sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Ranged dps. Sorc vs merc vs sniper

Cuppcake
03.01.2012 , 08:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
Sorcs have good burst...if they get procs. Starting cold, with zero procs sorc's have very low burst.

You are bragging about 13kdmg in Gcd's...snipers can do that in less than 2.
In less then 2. So thats in 1 GcD 13k dmg.
Dude just go away.

Veriu
03.01.2012 , 02:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuppcake View Post
In less then 2. So thats in 1 GcD 13k dmg.
Dude just go away.
Ambush + explosive probe at end of cast. It's less than 3 seconds (ambush is 2.5 second cast + instant cast at the end...so it's a total time of 2.5 seconds) & with adrenal + trinket if they both crit together can do over 13k.

At least that's what I'm told by snipers (without combat log, I have no way of knowing if they are telling the truth).

If I remember right, I think ambush + takedown is supposed to be even more damage if the target is <30%

Quote: Originally Posted by Sebasaurus View Post
That's horribly wrong. The sniper in my guild is MM and he can't do 13k dmg in 2 gcds and he has full rakata.
Different spec maybe? There are three specs, from what I understand one spec is sustained, one spec is aoe, one spec is burst.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Sebasaurus
03.01.2012 , 05:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
Ambush + explosive probe at end of cast. It's less than 3 seconds (ambush is 2.5 second cast + instant cast at the end...so it's a total time of 2.5 seconds) & with adrenal + trinket if they both crit together can do over 13k.

At least that's what I'm told by snipers (without combat log, I have no way of knowing if they are telling the truth).

If I remember right, I think ambush + takedown is supposed to be even more damage if the target is <30%

Different spec maybe? There are three specs, from what I understand one spec is sustained, one spec is aoe, one spec is burst.
You know that using your trinkets and using your adrenals = more time cause of the cool down? which means 1 sec for trink and 1 sec for adrenal means 4.5 second cast total.

not to mention you have to be lucky as hell for both moves to crit. What you're referring to if pretty unrealistic considering it's based alot on luck lol I mean maybe it could happen but chances are slim and you have to use adrenal and trinket.

pinkfreudHC
03.01.2012 , 05:59 PM | #24
A Sorc can set up some up front burst by Hardcasted Chain Lightning->Death Field. If both crit it's a nice amount of damage. Need to do Death Field before Crushing Darkness any way.

Mcskeet
03.01.2012 , 08:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Athilias View Post
No Merc is hitting for 5k-6k every round. Tracer missle doesn't hit that hard, Heat seeking missles can hit that hard occasionally though. Not sure what you're basing anything you're saying off of though. I've been on plenty of raids where our DPS sorc (0/13/28) get second aggro over our DPS Merc (5/31/5), and it seems to fluctuate between the 2 based on how often they crit. I will lean and say our Merc does pull it about 60% of the time. I've never seen our Sniper (22/16/3) pull second aggro.
Yes, the mercs do crit for 5-6k every shot. I believe you are right though that was heat seekers, and i checked and double checked last night when we ran EV again. Yup, same exact order. Noone pulls aggro off the tanks, but the one dps who is 2nd on the aggro list always gets blasted by that first boss every 30 seconds or so.
<><>Soriku, Mandalore the Indomitable<><>For Sorcs new and old, go here for a complete breakdown on endgame specs! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2694592#post2694592

Mcskeet
03.01.2012 , 08:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebasaurus View Post
You know that using your trinkets and using your adrenals = more time cause of the cool down? which means 1 sec for trink and 1 sec for adrenal means 4.5 second cast total.

not to mention you have to be lucky as hell for both moves to crit. What you're referring to if pretty unrealistic considering it's based alot on luck lol I mean maybe it could happen but chances are slim and you have to use adrenal and trinket.
What the hell is a trinket?

The RELIC and adrenal don't proc the gcd, so you can literally run your fingers across f1-f2-f3-f4 like i do, which takes less than a second, and then cast cain lightning/deathfield. Or thundering blast/chain lightning, or thundering blast / shock, or crushing darkness/affliction. RELICS and Adrenals do not use the gcd.
<><>Soriku, Mandalore the Indomitable<><>For Sorcs new and old, go here for a complete breakdown on endgame specs! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2694592#post2694592

Cegenaus
03.02.2012 , 03:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcskeet View Post
Yes, the mercs do crit for 5-6k every shot. I believe you are right though that was heat seekers, and i checked and double checked last night when we ran EV again. Yup, same exact order. Noone pulls aggro off the tanks, but the one dps who is 2nd on the aggro list always gets blasted by that first boss every 30 seconds or so.
so mercs crit for 5-6k every shot but its with HSM (which has a 15 sec cd)? so mercs are only using HSM now?
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

Veriu
03.02.2012 , 05:33 PM | #28

The RELIC and adrenal don't proc the gcd, so you can literally run your fingers across f1-f2-f3-f4 like i do, which takes less than a second, and then cast cain lightning/deathfield. Or thundering blast/chain lightning, or thundering blast / shock, or crushing darkness/affliction. RELICS and Adrenals do not use the gcd.
Or you can use a gaming keyboard, and create a macro key that uses relic + adrenal + an ability all within .1 seconds
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Sebasaurus
03.02.2012 , 06:48 PM | #29

oh right oops my fault completely forgot about dat

Dalmatia
03.03.2012 , 12:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Athilias View Post
I've never seen our Sniper (22/16/3) pull second aggro.
all said