Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't artifice make willpower shields?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why can't artifice make willpower shields?

_Neb
12.15.2011 , 06:57 AM | #11
I noticed this in the open beta and hoped it would get changed, but appears not.
No craftable shields for Assassins is poor.

Coeru
12.15.2011 , 07:02 AM | #12
Can you buy recipes from the trainer? You said you got recipes from the trainer and wasnt sure if you meant all the default recipes that appear when you train thay skill.

Also my skill Artifice stopped advancing at 60 on the receipe that came with the skill. it only advances when i use blue or higher recipes. Is that a bug or as intended?

Faryon
12.15.2011 , 07:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Coeru View Post
Can you buy recipes from the trainer? You said you got recipes from the trainer and wasnt sure if you meant all the default recipes that appear when you train thay skill.

Also my skill Artifice stopped advancing at 60 on the receipe that came with the skill. it only advances when i use blue or higher recipes. Is that a bug or as intended?
Yes, the trainer will have a selection of recipes you can buy as you level up your crew skills. The reason it stopped at 60 is because the recipe is too "easy" compared to your skill-level. See this link. The numbers in the Difficulty column shows when the item starts to become too easy. Orange=100% skillchance. Yellow=66% skillchance. Green=33% skillchance. Grey=0% skillchance. I'm not sure if those percentages is correct, but it should be nearly correct at least.

Kaffis
12.15.2011 , 08:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestwulf View Post
Cybertech is listed as making generators as well.
Are you sure you weren't mistaking the *ship parts* for offhand personal shield generators?

Because no, Cybertechs dont' make shields for tanks.

Xantuss
12.15.2011 , 08:32 AM | #15
if you make item with orange dot before recipe you always get 2 point increase in skill. so if you keep crafting only orange recipes, you skill will raise pretty fast

Azraelor
12.15.2011 , 08:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
That is a rare schematic not one from the trainer.

You can look at the actual skill trainer from 1-400 there isn't a single willpower shield.

There are dozens of aim and strength ones.

Time to start farming and RE'ing OP
Pandemonium : Giradda The Hutt : U.S. East : PvE
PvP Brigade Leader

Azraelor - Sith Inquisitor [Sorcerer : Corruption]
"You will either join the dark side, or be felled by it."

rocdogg
12.15.2011 , 08:52 AM | #17
Use a focus.

GotBallz
12.15.2011 , 09:06 AM | #18
They are able to make willpower shield generators but they don't start making decent ones till skill level 160+ like this, this, and this one... etc.

Hypernetic
12.15.2011 , 05:18 PM | #19
bump for justice.

Hypernetic
12.15.2011 , 05:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by rocdogg View Post
Use a focus.
Focii don't have a SHIELD which is a pretty big deal for tanking.