Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game sequels that should have been made.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Game sequels that should have been made.

TJBartlemus
02.29.2012 , 10:19 PM | #1
As I was going over all my Star Wars games, I've wondered why they didn't make a sequel to them. For example, Knights of the Old Republic 3. For all rights and purposes TOR is the sequel to 1 and 2, but I googled it and found that they had a whole script and everything planned and then just dropped it. Why go into all that effort and then not make the game?
Qui-Gon Jinn
The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent.

Darth_Malevolent
02.29.2012 , 11:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TJBartlemus View Post
As I was going over all my Star Wars games, I've wondered why they didn't make a sequel to them. For example, Knights of the Old Republic 3. For all rights and purposes TOR is the sequel to 1 and 2, but I googled it and found that they had a whole script and everything planned and then just dropped it. Why go into all that effort and then not make the game?
Star Wars- Empire at War 2, it was a good start in making a Star Wars rts, but they needed creeping, troop ranking up added, and reasons to explore maps. Games like Red Alert usually have extra units or side missions when you go off and explore
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

WraithEnder
03.01.2012 , 01:16 AM | #3
Star Wars Battlefront 3

/end thread ^_^

Verloc_Krieg
03.01.2012 , 03:17 AM | #4
Republic Commando 2 or better yet Imperial Commando

Ichijin
03.01.2012 , 03:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Verloc_Krieg View Post
Playing the Jedi Knight Series has made me never ever want to be a stormtrooper , but was really looking forward to a new jedi knight game after academy.

Cegenaus
03.01.2012 , 03:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ichijin View Post
Playing the Jedi Knight Series has made me never ever want to be a stormtrooper , but was really looking forward to a new jedi knight game after academy.
i second this
Cegenaus/Xyrin/Ixor/Domz
Merc/Sorc/Mara/Jugg

Vortex Reborn/Das Ubel- Terentatek

PaperChamp
03.01.2012 , 06:02 AM | #7
Star Wars Rebellion by Lucas Arts. For those of you that are fans of strategy games and haven't played this gem, I highly recommend you check it out. Due to it's advanced age(it was released in the 90s) getting to run on newer operating systems may be a problematic.

Darth_Malevolent
03.01.2012 , 06:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Verloc_Krieg View Post
If you played Imperial Commando, the game logic would intentionally cause you to miss every shot you fired...... don't think I'd want to play that game, think I'd get frustrated.... I still say, Empire at War 2 using more modern real time strategy techniques like creeping, etc. Use Red Alert 2/3 and StarCraft 2 as a template
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

dazednconfuzed
03.01.2012 , 06:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PaperChamp View Post
Star Wars Rebellion by Lucas Arts. For those of you that are fans of strategy games and haven't played this gem, I highly recommend you check it out. Due to it's advanced age(it was released in the 90s) getting to run on newer operating systems may be a problematic.
I still have this on CD

It was also known as Star Wars: Supremacy.

And my vote is going to be for a new TIE fighter game, possibly something along the lines of Freelancer, where you actually have the Star Wars galaxy to explore in your little ship.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

luizon
03.01.2012 , 06:13 AM | #10
TIE Fighter 2.
Hella Darksun, the Jawa Lover
Mercenary Raider - Thug for Hire in the <Dark Jedi Brotherhood>
Server: Keller's Void