Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Morality Choices

priest
12.15.2011 , 04:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyeko View Post
Here's my 2c for what its worth - go with what YOU feel your character would say / do and live with the consequences, its what I plan to do. Light and Dark min / max may be the best way to go, but I wont play my character out of character.. or is that redundant ?
That's the problem...neither of the choices are what I would do. Do I have to choose between letting a pirate free for the New Republic or Kill him...why can't there be a third option...like leaving him in prison to rot, but conning the info from him? THAT's a smuggler thing to do.
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

priest
12.15.2011 , 04:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
Do you mean to say, in the world of black and white choices you think you will make some of both and thus toe the gray line of the force? It takes effort to be all good or all evil.
No...I'm saying that the choice that is marked as 'good...' isn't very good. I get a mission to retrieve medical supplies for the Republic that were stolen. I track down who stole it, and it turns out it was a civ. doc who was treating kids...who had the meds stolen from her before she could use it. I go get the meds...and the right choice is to give the meds to the civ. doctor who stole it.

classic relative morality choice "In the instance of life or death...little children always win." There was no third option to negotiate a partnership between the two...therby helping both get what they want."
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

SweetFae
12.15.2011 , 05:05 PM | #13
I am in complete agreement with this. I played a bounty hunter during the weekend beta and was loving the morality choices because there was almost always some third way of handling each instance. I was expecting the smuggler to be the same and instead its tryin to figure out which of the two morally crappy outcomes i prefer. The one i hated most was the mine runnin, u do the right thing and get treated like wat u did was wrong... doesnt make me want to support the republic at all.