Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imbalances among Tanks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imbalances among Tanks

Draconax
02.25.2012 , 02:52 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Cept assassins can self heal and a Juggernaut as far as I know can't.
Except that Juggernauts do get an absorb shield that never overheals, unlike the large majority of assassin self-healing.

Tarmi
02.25.2012 , 05:31 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Mustace View Post
It's not quite that. It's more the fact that playing a juggernaut tank in endgame doesn't seem viable. I'm in the progress of rerolling to an operative healer cause of these imbalances.
Now this is funny...if you thing Jug tank isn't viable you are going to love that Op healer.

Xanxari
02.25.2012 , 09:03 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by deathgodsinc View Post
For those saying that accuracy is needed to help maintain focus/rage have you forgotten that a Jugg ACTUALLY spec'd immortal gains that simply by being attacked? I really don't think the rage generation is the issue for them. I'd love it if they had an additional AOE taunt, but they don't really need it. As has been mentioned above, agro doesn't work the same way in TOR than it does in games like LOTRO or WoW. Assin tanks may have more ways to taunt or gain area aggro, but their survivability is NOT the same as was also mentioned above.
wow you are a noob arent you?

1 rage every 3 gcd will make us wait 12 sec to fire off one spell unless we get hit alor of times every sec then we can fire 2 spell of every 12 sec one AoE and one 10m range yea that help us soooooooo *********** much that we dont need anything else eh? why dont you get you facts right before you write **** like this again?

Kitru
02.26.2012 , 12:52 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post
I kind of have to mirror this sentiment, only directed at the people that act as if Guards and Juggs *require* gobs of accuracy to generate resources effectively.

First off, Sundering Strike is a special attack, not a basic attack. As such, it uses the default 100% accuracy for special attacks, not the 90% for basic attacks. Because of this, you only need, at most, 6-8% accuracy to never miss (less if you take the acc talent).

Secondly, Guard/Juggs do not have simply a single method of Focus/Rage generation, nor do they go through Focus/Rage especially quickly. Guard/Juggs have the ability to passively generate 1 Focus/Rage every 2 GCDs (3 secs is 2 GCDs, not 3). They also get Combat Focus/Enrage and Force Stasis/Force Choke every minute for 6 and 3 resource, respectively. They get Saber Throw and Force Leap/Force Charge. They get Courage/Revenge for a free use of either their big AoE or big ST attack every 12 seconds. They reduce the recharge time on Combat Focus/Enrage by 3 seconds whenever they use their resource dump. That's *more* than enough to generate focus outside of Sundering Slash/Sundering Assault.

If you're having problems generating resources, you're simply not using the plenteous resources at your disposal and if you're suffering from having "worse" tank stats compared to the other tanks, it's because you're not switching out the utterly terrible enhancements in our gear that overload us with Accuracy (which, as I've said before, is largely useless, especially in the amounts provided) and, strangely, in the case of the War Leader set, Surge rating, which means more threat and less mitigation.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Panzerfire
02.29.2012 , 04:27 AM | #35
Adding my 2 cents about assassins :

Assassin heals almost never overheal since you won't ever have 100% health during boss encounters except when it doesn't matter anyway ( say stun prove on Jarg and Sorno ).

About our hard DR, the base stat is lower but we get a 5% dmg reduction debuff which can be maintained throughout the entire fight on a boss ( costs 30% resource every 15s ) effectively increasing our hard DR by 5% and bringing it closer to the other tanks.

Also, light armor can tank since every armor point gets buffed by 170% in our tank stance and spec.

Also, as long as every tank class in full tank spec and appropriate gear can tank everything there's nothing to complain about.

Lymain
02.29.2012 , 01:07 PM | #36
Regarding the accuracy discussion: be aware that Sundering grants rage even if it misses.

deathgodsinc
02.29.2012 , 01:58 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post

1 rage every 3 gcd will make us wait 12 sec to fire off one spell unless we get hit alor of times every sec then we can fire 2 spell of every 12 sec one AoE and one 10m range yea that help us soooooooo *********** much that we dont need anything else eh? why dont you get you facts right before you write **** like this again?
Do you play a jugg?
Yes, you would have to wait 12 seconds, IF YOU WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING ELSE. As has been mentioned before in other posts some of our best rage generating skills are special attacks meaning their accuracy is 100%, so again, accuracy doesn't matter. I'm kind of surprised by the vehemence of your reply because nothing I said was wrong and everything you said says it's right so where are you going with this? By the way, you can increase the amount generated by adding points in the skill tree to generate more rage in addition to reducing the rage cost of your force attacks.

One of the main logic trains in this thread was Juggs need accuracy to be viable because without it they can't produce enough rage to keep agro. I stated that is untrue because we only have what, one, maybe 2 basic attacks that aren't special attacks that would benefit from accuracy. The additional rage from our basic attack is negligible BECAUSE we gain rage when attacked. Try and think before speaking.

Prolyfic
02.29.2012 , 02:51 PM | #38
Regarding the cooldown disparity between juggs and PTs, I wrote this thread in the Powertech forums today

Jugg vs PT: The Fundamental Difference
Kaine - 50 Shieldtech - Razor
Raize
- 50 Marauder - Razor
Jugg vs PT: The Fundamental Difference