Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Leveling the gear gap, make it more skill based.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Leveling the gear gap, make it more skill based.

Silcan
02.29.2012 , 08:12 AM | #1
As it is now, rakata is way to powerfull over a fresh 50, they will be picked over a low geared 50 anytime in raids and hardmodes. that is one way to dump on casual play. why not make the content reachable for everyone at start, would be much more fun. gear should not matter anyway. skill does. I have full time job, family and etc etc, we, the casual is that are paying your game bioware.

This should also affect PVP gear.

Dont hide behind your gear. man up!

Prvtdonut
02.29.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2
Not sure if trolling, probably is the case but whatever.

First a rakata geared player has no real reason to do normal or hard mode FPs aside from maybe getting biometric crystal alloy for 1.2, and it is more likely that the rakata player will just go with other rakata players to a normal EV that takes about 30 minutes just to get the alloy.

Second, normal is a joke, so casuals can do that.

Third Rakata isnt very good for pvp.

cbowsin
02.29.2012 , 08:42 AM | #3
There is no skill required in mmorpgs, except for understanding your characters ability and knowing when to use them. Which i bet preteens could do. People who have and are working on getting Rakata have no need to run HM FP and Norm Ops just as fresh 50s should not be running HM and Nightmare OPs for Rakata. I don't understand how a fresh 50 and a Rakata geared player are fighting for the same slot in your galaxy.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

Silcan
02.29.2012 , 09:26 AM | #4
The gear is imbalanced and i hope BW fix this. The one and only thing that counts.

Raansu
02.29.2012 , 09:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Silcan View Post
The gear is imbalanced and i hope BW fix this. The one and only thing that counts.
Are you in a garbage guild or something? If someone is full Rakata they have no business being in a group for HM FP or normal Raids. Those are intro content for fresh 50's. There is nothing to fix with the pve gear. Its part of the progression...You do hardmodes to build up tioneese and some columni...you do normal raids to get columni to prep for hard/nightmare raids so you can get Rakata...thats the entire point of getting better gear.

If your guild is filling a slot in starter content with a rakata geared player then you need to find a new guild. If its a pug, ignore them and move on as they are garbage players.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prvtdonut View Post

Third Rakata isnt very good for pvp.
This is debatable. Expertise has a soft cap and it has been shown that a mix of pvp gear and rakata is more powerful than a full set.