All friends transfering, BW won't let me. Why?

SelwynnG

Hmmm, and to think I was actually agreeing with Selwynn until I discovered that the post I posted in supporting him was nothing more than a spam dupe created to replace this one which had fallen off the radar...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=305652

In light of this, I'm not so sympathetic any more and agree that until or if Bioware decides to revisit their policies with regards to this issue that SelwynnG just roll a new toon on whatever server his guildmates are on and drop the multiple posting...

With leveling as pathetically easy as it is, he should be back to his original level shortly with help from his Guildies.

Edited by Niccali

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, and to think I was actually agreeing with Selwynn until I discovered that the post I posted in supporting him was nothing more than a spam dupe created to replace this one which had fallen off the radar...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=305652

In light of this, I'm not so sympathetic any more and agree that until or if Bioware decides to revisit their policies with regards to this issue that SelwynnG just roll a new toon on whatever server his guildmates are on and drop the multiple posting...

With leveling as pathetically easy as it is, he should be back to his original level shortly with help from his Guildies.

Actually, that one came second to this one, and was posted in Customer Service, in case that was where this sort of thing was supposed to belong.

I'm not apologizing for keeping this on the radar until some sort of satisfactory answer is given. If you don't like it, don't read it.

To the people in EGA that were hating on the Aussies playing on "Their" server. You wanted us to move to another server. I understand you were raging because the queues were 1600+ and hours long. Now you have your wish. Enjoy your empty servers..

Yeah, on one hand I never wanted Aussies or anyone else to move on - server queues are a SMALL price to pay for healthy server population. On the hand, I understand Aussies leaving since this is one of the rare times in the history of MMOS where Aussies can have servers actually based in Australia (and not Singapore or servers simply called "Oceanic" still based in the US)

A lot of Aussies were talking about staying on TJJT server anyway because of the community we have built with The Older Gamers guild there. But now that the full details of Oceanic servers are out, it seems like something too good to pass up for many.

So if the bulk of my southern friends decide to go, someone explain to me exactly why I should not be able to go with them?

I'm in the same boat as you, Next month will probably be my last month of star wars as I'm not rerolling. Thats so damn lame, Even if I was gonna reroll there is no point in playing the characters I currently have for the next 2 weeks. As they will be useless then.

I think this is your real option.

Honestly, it's stupid. They should do a temporary server xfer to AUS servers for anyone who wants it, US/EU included. Put a big disclaimer letting them know ping will be garbage and they can't transfer back. But if you've been playing with this group for a while, their time works for you, telling you to "reroll," losing your characters, items, datacrons, legacy, etc., is a half-baked solution.

Agree with the OP here. It's not like many NA players are going to voluntarily go to a server with latency 200ms+, whilst preventing them from doing so is going to upset far more people than it helps. The free transfer window is a limited time offer, so just make it open for everyone and let the paying customers be happy.

For the fifty billionth time, rerolling the same class(es) from 1-50 is NOT fun for me. If that is BW's only solution, fine - I'll move on to another game. I would like for there to be another option.

It does not matter what YOU find fun or easy. It matters what I do. There is no way I can get back to 50 or close to it in 10 days. You may be able to do that, I cannot. And I have already rerolled once to join The Older Gamers on TJJT server. I'm just not able to find the fun in doing it again.

The reason for this OP is: it does not make any sense that I should have to, and I'd like to know why I am disallowed from following my friends and community when they txfer. Seems like a fair question to me.

All of the responses telling me how I should do something different to get around the problem, don't address my question at all.

Holy crap rage much??? what do you think you will be doing in a new game if you switch to one??? Leveling is leveling..

But i would rather re-roll in a game i like with friends then leveling up in a whole new game... but maybe that's just me..

Also before you bring up but i still wouldn't be able to group with my friends!!! So none of your guildmates in this great guild ever roll alts???

I call ********* sir!! good day.. or you could always continue to throw a tantrum on the forums and see how far it gets you..

Edited by Kenlonis

I am going to go with re-roll or wait until they start server transfers.

I see no reason that transfers should be opened for this. Yes the AU people can transfer but if your a US player, started on a US server then you should be on that server until the open transfers for everyone.

i had same problem i just rerolled, easy enough to level as the game is just that easy to get equipped up in.

plus the fact that there are two things to do in game .. level or pvp .. nothing else to do :p

Is that by choice or are group instances, heroics, FPs, Ops and crafting to make money not available in the game you purchased?

• 2 weeks later...
i had same problem i just rerolled, easy enough to level as the game is just that easy to get equipped up in.

plus the fact that there are two things to do in game .. level or pvp .. nothing else to do :p

Yeah, but after racking up 6 high level characters, do you really suggest abandoning everything you've worked on since release, in addition to rehashing the same content for the seventh time? And that's just to rebuild one character.

I had to reroll 3 characters because I was stuck on a low population server. And that sh*t is painful.

And no, I play for endgame. FPs/Ops.. not leveling.

I usually play from 10:30pm to 5am PST. That time slot dictates that I play in the unofficial Oceanic servers or deal with ghost town US servers. I think its only fair then that I should allowed to transfer and move with the people I play with.

Its either that or merge other servers with these unofficial servers to make up for the pop lost.

What if you said it three times within your response?

people who would do that would have to be about three times as stupid as the average idiot.

not to be rude or anything. Just answering the question accurately by applying simple math. Glad I could help.

ontopic: I see that as an issue as well.

Actually, they could just open up server transfers altogether now. Since player numbers are going down, not up from here and a lot of servers are already underpopulated, it seems like as good a time as any.

Edited by mufutiz

I have to agree with the OP - it is shortsighted and unfair to many players to limit the transfers the way they are. I am one of many players in Asia (Japan in my case) that apparently aren't Asian enough to get transfers to the new servers. So, if I want to play with people in my time zone, I'm stuck rerolling. Now, I am a busy guy, work long hours so leveling a new toon is a many weeks journey for me. Kind of sad that I have start all over, lose my legacy levels, etc., just to get the chance to actually play in groups.

You almost have to purposely try and alienate your Asian base to plan something this badly . . .

I'll just wait for paid server transfers if they won't let me migrate when this happens. Living in Japan as I do (while being neither Japanese nor having a full command of the language yet) makes them thar Aussie servers sound mighty appealing.

I could...find a guild of people I don't already know (that all quit for other reasons unrelated to this anyway) and wouldn't have to figure out how to do group content with them at 8 AM my time on a Monday, since, for them, it's Sunday night when they do that stuff.

I could...regularly interact with the same people maybe! !!