Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Problems with 8 Man HM/NM Eternity Vault

K_Schrimer
02.28.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1
Hard modes and Nightmare modes are supposed to be hard. In fact I have no problem with expecting perfection on nightmare mode. My problem is when encounters are so badly designed that winning becomes RNG instead of skill; some examples below:

Phase 2:

1. When you are in the air or mindtrap when it changes from phase 2 to 3 you get droppped into a different world and can no longer contribute.
-In 16 Man this isn't so bad; in 8 man this is an auto loose.

2. Targets you with ball lightning then throws you in the air causeing your ball to pass through the raid and wipe it.

3. Same as 2 but with a mind trap.

4. If you halt dps in order to wait for someone to get out of the air he mindtraps someone else immeadiatly after the person hits the ground.

Phase 3:

5. He mindtraps the tank during positioning causing a missed shield break.
-This RNG gets annoying due to 1 missed break normally causes a fail due to enrage timer.

6. He stops to cast lightning multiple times while trying to position him causing a missed shield break.
-This RNG gets annoying due to 1 missed break normally causes a fail due to enrage timer.

Most of these problems are easy to work around in 16 man because you can absorb a loss or 2 but in 8 you need everyone to be perfect in order to get the win and these RNG's take away from the fun of mastering the mechanics and developing strategies.

Quick fix: No mind traps on phase 3, he can cast on the move, and if you get thrown or mindtrapped your ball lightning disappears.
(PS i did a search for soa and eternity vault and nothing like this came up)
This isn't the signature you are looking for.

Loerel
02.28.2012 , 08:11 PM | #2
My problems:

Boss fights are too easy, little variance if any between modes. SOA is the only really challenging fight and he is a joyful bag of RNG and bugs, though I admit hes my favorite fight by far.

Also, Loot drops way too fast. My guild started normal modes in early Jan and had NM cleared with titles by early February.

BAD MANNERS
PvE US EAST Hardcore Raiding Guild
WEBSITEPOLICIESFORUMS

Ernaud
02.28.2012 , 08:12 PM | #3
Maybe we found a way to beat RNG but we rarely wipe on Soa 8 except when some newcomer die on a double tick from the lightning ball.

For your transition you can grapple the flying guy with a Sage, it works fine.

K_Schrimer
02.28.2012 , 08:14 PM | #4
I concur soa is the only real fight and it is ripe with bugs/rng.
Our guild has cleared him on 16 nm but only has 50/50 success with him on 8 man hard.

Most of us just need rakata chestpeice and we are done with mains (hell most of my companions are in columi +)

K_Schrimer
02.28.2012 , 08:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ernaud View Post
Maybe we found a way to beat RNG but we rarely wipe on Soa 8 except when some newcomer die on a double tick from the lightning ball.

For your transition you can grapple the flying guy with a Sage, it works fine.
* 8 man hard/nightmare? Because normal is a joke...

Ernaud
02.28.2012 , 08:44 PM | #6
Nightmare :-/ ,
Aswell and it's strange only few people noticed it but, we had a very annoying bug that we managed to understand thought. When u destroy the little pilone in order to unbuff him between phase, if u destroy 2 at the same time the bug occure and Soa doesnt debuff anymore. Then during phase 2 Soa AOE 3 times to 11.5k nearly impossible to survive without gunsliger.