Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Debuff Stacking?

Vaahanian
02.28.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1
My guild's typical 8 man raid setup:

1xSI tank
2xSI heals
2xmerc. arsenal
1xsniper
1xmara. anni.
1xmerc. arsenal/1xSI sorc. dps (depends on who logs in)

I'm seeking clarification on just how armor debuff works against bosses. Say its just 2xmerc. arsenal, do their debuffs stack against the boss? Does it work as a debuff so all dps gain dmg increase from the armor debuff or is it just the mercenaries? If they stack together is it additive or multiplicative?

Looking at the torhead.com database for sniper skills, they also apparently have an armor debuff applying ability?
http://www.torhead.com/ability/10OsXEA/shatter-shot
How does that factor into the above questions?

jamescloutier
02.28.2012 , 04:08 PM | #2
Debuff do stack. In my guild we often run with 2 or 3 juggs and you'll see the sunder armor stack seperately for each person. And all people in the raid would see the benifits of the debuff.

Lymain
02.28.2012 , 04:11 PM | #3
That doesn't necessarily mean they're stacking. Easiest way I can think to test is to duel two Juggernauts and watch your character sheet.

Vaahanian
02.28.2012 , 04:17 PM | #4
Yeah I've seen the multiple debuffs on the bosses, just wasn't sure mechanics wise how they played out.

Based on from what I've seen and from some others at least from leveling, at times you would fight a few mobs at a time and they could put an armor debuff on you. It stacked additively from what I've seen and from others telling me of their experiences. Basic, basic assumption says it would work similarly on bosses, but I'm just looking for more input from the community.

Does anybody have anything to say about that sniper ability? I can't say I've ever seen our sniper use it so, A) it doesn't actually exist or B) they are being lazy.

JLapp
02.28.2012 , 04:25 PM | #5
It was my understanding that the separate armor debuffs on bosses stacked multiplicative.

Also it seems like right now demo round/heatseeker gets a damage bonus from all grav/tracer stacks on an enemy, not just their own. I would expect that they fix it at some point but right now you can do a hell of a lot of damage by stacking commandos/mercs.

Vaahanian
02.28.2012 , 04:47 PM | #6
Interesting point, thank you for that.

Dragonbgone
02.28.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLapp View Post
It was my understanding that the separate armor debuffs on bosses stacked multiplicative.

Also it seems like right now demo round/heatseeker gets a damage bonus from all grav/tracer stacks on an enemy, not just their own. I would expect that they fix it at some point but right now you can do a hell of a lot of damage by stacking commandos/mercs.
This has been tested in duels and is not true.

Also, the snipers do have an armor debuff, and if they haven't been using it they're just lazy. it lasts for 45 seconds and cost almost no energy.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic