Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Darth Maul Clone Wars vids on StarWars.com

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Darth Maul Clone Wars vids on StarWars.com

OpticRefit
02.28.2012 , 09:35 AM | #1
-New trailer for S4 Finale (go to 1:45 to see Maul and his new "legs")

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_da...l_trailer.html

-Interview with Sam Witwer, voice of Maul on CW

http://www.starwars.com/watch/sam_wi...arth_maul.html
"Never fight when you can bluff. Never bluff when you can run. Never run when you can sneak. If no one knows you're there, you win."
―The Smuggler's Creed

Eternalnight
02.28.2012 , 11:04 AM | #2
While I would love to see more Darth Maul, I feel that I just don't like this. To me that thing is not Darth Maul. The most character defining aspect of Darth Maul is his fighting style which is why he would need to have his real legs to be what he is supposed to be. Having him do some fighting moves with metallic cyborg legs just does not look right.

fortunetek
02.28.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
Honestly, I'm excited for this. And the interview/behind the scenes vid only did more to stoke that feeling!

Sure, it's one of those awkwardly obvious plot devices where a character who was very clearly supposed to remain dead, rises from the grave (most people attribute this phenomenon to the characters popularity... I can't speak to that, but I did read that George Lucas ordered it himself) but I think it will create an interesting and deep enough situation to remain thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the finale!
-- An Elegant Weapon; For a More Civilized Age --
▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬)

SNCommand
02.28.2012 , 04:52 PM | #4
I think this will turn out good, besides, no character will stay dead in a universe this large when the body vanishes

Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.