Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

End Game Rakata Gear & Enhancements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
End Game Rakata Gear & Enhancements

Narroman's Avatar


Narroman
02.27.2012 , 12:27 PM | #1
I wanted to see everyone else's opinions on the end game gear for tanks and how they have ridiculous amounts of accuracy on them (Just like everyone else). Has anyone found that the additional accuracy(over 10%) is worth it for the added armor penetration on these bosses?

Or should you just keep the columi enhancements(with shield rating, absorption or defense rating) until you get the tank enhancement drops from the bosses in the operations?

thorizdin's Avatar


thorizdin
02.27.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2
Despite some ambiguous language the extra accuracy doesn't help with armor penetration, it only allows you to counteract high avoidance/defense and no the extra ACC is silly.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
02.27.2012 , 01:46 PM | #3
Redundant accuracy isn't translated into arpen. Redundant accuracy simply serves to counteract any Defense or Resistance chance that the target might have. Anything beyond what is required to get to 100% accuracy and offset the target's Defense/Resistance is worthless.

As to how to work with the enhancements, my solution is to simply switch out the enhancements for other enhancements that actually have useful stats on them. When doing HM and NiM ops, bosses should be dropping Enhs and Mods that you can use to replace the rather poor selections the devs chose, but you have to be lucky. Other than that, your options are to either craft/buy the grade 22 enhancements with the proper itemization (Immunity and Sturdiness) or to get set pieces with useful enhancements specifically to cannibalize them for the useful enhancements: the Columi head and hand slots have shield/def enhancements in them that make them prime candidates.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Draconax's Avatar


Draconax
02.28.2012 , 03:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Redundant accuracy isn't translated into arpen. Redundant accuracy simply serves to counteract any Defense or Resistance chance that the target might have. Anything beyond what is required to get to 100% accuracy and offset the target's Defense/Resistance is worthless.

As to how to work with the enhancements, my solution is to simply switch out the enhancements for other enhancements that actually have useful stats on them. When doing HM and NiM ops, bosses should be dropping Enhs and Mods that you can use to replace the rather poor selections the devs chose, but you have to be lucky. Other than that, your options are to either craft/buy the grade 22 enhancements with the proper itemization (Immunity and Sturdiness) or to get set pieces with useful enhancements specifically to cannibalize them for the useful enhancements: the Columi head and hand slots have shield/def enhancements in them that make them prime candidates.
Pretty much this. Whenever possible, you want to gut head or glove pieces for their enhancements, to ditch as much accuracy as possible. Only juggernauts really have any use for accuracy at all (since they rely on their basic attacks to generate rage), meanwhile assassins and powertechs only get a small threat bonus for the few basic attacks they use.

Narroman's Avatar


Narroman
02.28.2012 , 12:47 PM | #5
Thank you for the responses. I'm still pretty new to posting on forums. I had gotten the armor penetration idea from this source: http://www.forcejunkies.com/2011/12/...ch-compendium/

I don't know how reliable that is, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Since I'm on the topic of accuracy, I have heard that it is necessary to have 5% to hit the regular mobs, but then you need 10% for the bosses in the operations.
How much accuracy do ya'll think that Powertech tanks should have? 5% or 10%?

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
02.28.2012 , 01:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Narroman View Post
Thank you for the responses. I'm still pretty new to posting on forums. I had gotten the armor penetration idea from this source: http://www.forcejunkies.com/2011/12/...ch-compendium/
That guide is painfully wrong. The biggest sign of this would be that the guide is over 2 months old and was put out 3 days after release. I recommend you look at the guides posted in the relevant forums on here. The information tends to be *substantially* more up to date.

Quote:
Since I'm on the topic of accuracy, I have heard that it is necessary to have 5% to hit the regular mobs, but then you need 10% for the bosses in the operations.
How much accuracy do ya'll think that Powertech tanks should have? 5% or 10%?
To ensure that all of your attacks hit, I've seen people recommend between 6-8% accuracy. Anything beyond that is redundant. Personally, I wouldn't bother stacking it appreciably. Everything except for your basic attack has a default 100% accuracy. On my Shadow tank, I avoid stacking Accuracy as much as possible, and I have *never* had any threat problems. It's a personal choice to ignore accuracy in favor of more mitigation, but it's never been one that I've had an issue with.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.