Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about FP's, Area Owners and the RNGods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Question about FP's, Area Owners and the RNGods

chrlrssll
02.28.2012 , 07:03 AM | #1
Say a BH and SW go to a FP. When they enter, it says the area owner is the BH. When loot drops will it favor the area owner? This has been my experience with the few FP's and heroics I've run. I apologize if this has been addressed, but all I can find is people complaining. I've played MMOs in the past but am just now trying to learn how they actually work in theory, persay, and mathematically. So do the RNG Gods hate me? Haha.

livnthedream
02.28.2012 , 07:11 AM | #2
its purely rng. the loot tables are all very shallow, as such you will notice "losing" far more than you will "winning". its how psychology works.

chrlrssll
02.28.2012 , 07:33 AM | #3
Losing many times makes the one time you win oh so sweet. Haha. I guess that's the idea behind it. My question, however, is less about winning the loot and more about what kind or types of loot drops. In the examle, I meant the type of loot that was dropping was BH gear. It just so happened the BH was also the area owner. I wasn't sure if it was just coincidence or not.