Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Taorus
02.27.2012 , 01:03 AM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
It's unbelievable to me that Purple is Sith-only. Screw your art department, Bioware.
Why does it matter to you? you have promised us you quit?

harkain
02.27.2012 , 01:12 AM | #442
while the op is dramatic he is right in a way.

There should be some way for non raiders to get it but it should require epic quest perhapps including multiple steps

-clear all flashpoints on hardmode
-find rare mats in the world
-kill rare spawn champion mob

something to equal a few weeks of raiding and frankly i think its fine. Everyone should have some sort of path forward without being told to play with 7 others (even if its my prefered way) we just have to make the effort as great NOT put them on ez mode vendors.
Die you must
Intentional yodaing since 1980.

RabidPopcorn
02.27.2012 , 02:55 AM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by harkain View Post
while the op is dramatic he is right in a way.

There should be some way for non raiders to get it but it should require epic quest perhapps including multiple steps

-clear all flashpoints on hardmode
-find rare mats in the world
-kill rare spawn champion mob

something to equal a few weeks of raiding and frankly i think its fine. Everyone should have some sort of path forward without being told to play with 7 others (even if its my prefered way) we just have to make the effort as great NOT put them on ez mode vendors.
First of all I would like to say that MMO gear is about exclusivity, this provides the motivation for players, and triggers their inner competitive spirit.

Second, I agree with the suggestion for an epic quest (which suddenly reminded me on how SWTOR has like literally 0 'epic'-style quests), something that would take many many steps and could span across a few levels, a few flashpoints, and perhaps some intensive farming. WoW had something like that, although some may not consider it 'epic', it definitely is more than what SWTOR currently offers to players interested in long story quests, e.g. the drakefire amulet quest in WoW, the 5man scarlet stratholme etc, and these quests did not involve any 'raiding'.

The most 'epic' of quests in SWTOR, the class quest, while 'epic', lacks a certain challenge in that it is done alone. And the remaining quests in SWTOR are largely planet-centric/specific - i.e. most SWTOR quests never involve more than a single planet (then again, if it had to involve multiple planets it would get tedious because the method of travelling between planets feels more like a chore than an 'epic' quest journey).

If we include quests that involve raiding then we'd get even more interesting rewards, such as quel'serrar, thunderfury, sulfuras etc.

Grandma
02.27.2012 , 04:39 AM | #444
OP gets his request and his purple crystal:

Patch to go live on servers tomorrow includes following items (temporarily)
Quote:
Colours: Cyan, Purple, White, Yellow, Red
Lvls 47 and 50 with +31 and +41 respectively for Endurance, Critical or Power (so a lot of crystals depending what you prefer)
Prices vary from 125k to 2.5m
New vendor is unnamed and found in the trade area.
Pre-order are same stats but cheaper (100k to 250k)

Three schematics for 400 artifice all Magenta with lvl 49 and +33 stats
Prices all 250k.

I swear no-one looks at the test server area, people certainly haven't noticed on our server. My magenta crystal selling days are indeed over though, have been running down my stock all weekend since the notes went up on Friday night.
Artula(Guardian)[50]-Grandma(Commando)[50]-Serte(Sage)-Vente(Shadow)-Tyug(Scoundrel)
INC Republic SWTOR Guild, Member of the RISA Alliance - A mature and social group of guilds (INC, Roses of Dawn, ShadowFax Alliance)
INC Gaming Clan Leader @ http://swtor.inc-gaming-clan.com

Metaspark
02.27.2012 , 07:04 AM | #445
At least you CAN get your purple crystal with enough work...

I'm still waiting on them to actually release my white crystal...

Evgen
02.27.2012 , 07:09 PM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
OP gets his request and his purple crystal:

Patch to go live on servers tomorrow includes following items (temporarily)

I swear no-one looks at the test server area, people certainly haven't noticed on our server. My magenta crystal selling days are indeed over though, have been running down my stock all weekend since the notes went up on Friday night.
Well, that's cool.
I was hoping to get it before level 50, or 47.
They are also removing the alignment requirement from crystals it seems, I thought that was fair enough. Orange should have been darkside too though.