Question on frequency of ability to do an ops

This past week a group that wasn't my guild was halfway through an ops when someone dropped out. Since I knew a few people they asked me if I wanted to help so I joined and helped beat the last two bosses on Kragga's (16 man normal) and it was a ton of fun.

But two things happened. The first isn't I didn't get credit for my Ops daily or weekly, is that as intended/designed?

The second is that my guild tried to run an 8 Man (normal) and I wasn't allowed into the Ops because my progress was at a different point. Is that right? Is there a limit on how many times you can run the op in a week or do I need to do something to reset the Ops?

Any help would be appreciated!

You can only run an op on a given difficulty once a week, it resets tuesday morning.

Also, you only get weekly for beating the second boss of an op, even if you join for a later boss and finish it.

In order for people to join an operation that wasn't finished, the leader needs to be someone who is the furthest along out of the group.

The above poster is correct.

8 & 16 man operations bosses share a weeklong lockout period.

There are 2 seperate lockouts each week, one for Normal Mode and one for Hard/Nightmare Mode.

So what this means is:

You can run each boss on normal mode in either 8man or 16man, but not both.

If you have cleared each boss on normal mode either in 8man or 16man you CAN still run these same bosses in HARD/NIGHTMARE Mode. Hard & Nightmare share a lockout so if you run the bosses on Hard you cannot run them on Nightmare until they have reset.

Resets take place on Tuesday Mornings.

Also the weekly Ops quests say you must make significant progress in either EV or KP in order to turn them in.

What they should say is you must defeat either Gharj in EV or Jarg&Sorno in KP. These are the only bosses that will give you credit to complete the weekly.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Everything Dukibritches (above) said is correct. Here is a shorter summary:

Normal has its own lockout.

Hard/Nightmare share a lockout.

8 and 16m share the same lockouts.

Lockouts reset early Tuesday morning.

If you're going into a partial lockout, it is determined by the operation group leader. Anyone with progress further than him will not be able to join.

Weeklies are given only for killing the second boss of either dungeon.

Edited by Lord_Of_Sith