Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did Vader/Anakin become a force ghost

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How did Vader/Anakin become a force ghost

BrandonSM
02.26.2012 , 08:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CapWinterz View Post
From what i understand, your meant to view Darth Vader & Anakin as two different people, he was blinded and corrupted when he was transformed into Vader, but when he was dying and he saved Luke he had reverted to his old original self Anakin, so when he died his ghost was him as a jedi not sith.
But he was the same person as Vader meaning he knew what he had done as a Sith Lord but now he was light-sided.

Becuase he begs Leia to forgive him.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

CapWinterz
02.26.2012 , 10:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
But he was the same person as Vader meaning he knew what he had done as a Sith Lord but now he was light-sided.

Becuase he begs Leia to forgive him.
Physically he was the same person yes but not mentally, think of him as he had schizophrenia, Anakin his good side and Vader his bad side.

In a mental fight Vader killed Anakin and took control through him being mislead, corrupted and blinded by the dark side.

But when Anakin is laying dormant he can't watch his son get killed and takes over, redeeming himself in a way and completing what he was meant to do all along, bring balance.
Mandatory Referral link aswell as FAQ.

MasterCarr
02.27.2012 , 11:24 AM | #23
If you play through Knights of the Old Republic (the first one), you encounter the Force Ghost of Ajunta Pall, who is a darksider. This establishes the fact that Qui-gon was not the fisrt to learn it, and that it is not restricted to the Light Side.
Good, Evil? These are merely concepts that exist only in our minds. It is our perception that determines an act as being right or wrong.

mattchanner
02.27.2012 , 11:48 AM | #24
from what I remeber reading In The book : The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
It says when vader was dying and on the precipice of the world of the living and the netherworld obi-wan's and yoda's goast guided him in learning the ability
U MAD? Let go of your Anger.
Look I made a Dumb fan video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USRec...el_video_title

TalonSaber
02.27.2012 , 12:26 PM | #25
But why wouldn't they become one with he force, why did they deny themselves of

this i can understand the darksiders doing it but not so much the lightsiders..

radbass
02.27.2012 , 02:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JeedaiFiresaber View Post
except that in the end he turned back to the light, thus he'd still look how he did at his death..
throwing a sith lord off a balcony does excuse the actions of a mass murderer. though repentant, he was still consumed by the dark side at the time of his death.

radbass
02.27.2012 , 02:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonSaber View Post
But why wouldn't they become one with he force, why did they deny themselves of

this i can understand the darksiders doing it but not so much the lightsiders..
they are still one with the force, but retain some form of individuality rather than being absorbed.... this allows them to pass wisdom on to jedi who are strong enough in the force to commune with them.

DjNever
02.27.2012 , 04:36 PM | #28
what if you appear as how you self identify so he appears like his younger self because in his mind thats who he is

Rehneu
02.27.2012 , 04:44 PM | #29
*removed*