Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM SOA & BONETHRASHER Marauder (Sentinal PoV)

Grenham
02.27.2012 , 01:08 PM | #11
Agree that the best way is to have as many ranged as possible, but for melee hes big cleave is not supposed to hit you if you are behind him, you can see when he will cleave becouse he will stop before he does. Keep in mind tho that just being between his legs are not enough, you should make sure that you are at least 5m behind him. And as for Tank in this fight, Bonethrasher himself cannot be tanked only the adds that spawn. So I suggest have your tank spec dps, he can still pick up the adds when they spawn.

Either way this is a very tough fight, our guild have only tried it a couple of times at this point but have not had enough dps with both our tank and off tank in the fight. We will go all dps next time

And idd nice videos, great job man
Server: Hidden Beks (EU)
Empire Guild: Luxuria Avaritia
Class: Mercenary/Bodyguard or Arsenal
Legacy: Beruss

Bosis
02.27.2012 , 02:30 PM | #12
We have had a tank in the run on occassion but definitly 6dps 2 heals is the way to go. And any self healing and obsorbs your dps can do will make the fight seem a lot more clean.

on the plus side once you down him you will be 5/5 in kp about an hour or two later. ill get some of the nightmare videos up this week. We use same strats for all three tiers of content. just need some none glitched fraps to load up.

Dukibritches
02.27.2012 , 03:33 PM | #13
We do this weekly with 2 tanks, our PT doesnt have DPS gear so he just stays in tank gear and picks up the adds that come out midfight. I am the other tank, but I have a full DPS set so I just throw that on. With correct execution and I suppose a little bit of luck(to prevent ninja move/swipes) this fight is fairly simple.

My Ops group is geared in Columi/Rakata and we are 10/10 HM for a few weeks now.

So I guess I'm posting to let you know that you dont have to make your tanks respec to down this fight, but I would recommend a group of full Columi geared players. On NiM mode you may need people to respec to make sure you are maxing your DPS.

Bosis
02.27.2012 , 04:09 PM | #14
yeah weve had this on farm for 2 or 3 weeks now on hm you can definitly get away with tanks its just easier with all dps. also suggestion when you go to nightmare just chain cc the adds. gets u alot more time on the boss and makes your healers happier.

Dukibritches
02.27.2012 , 04:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bosis View Post
yeah weve had this on farm for 2 or 3 weeks now on hm you can definitly get away with tanks its just easier with all dps. also suggestion when you go to nightmare just chain cc the adds. gets u alot more time on the boss and makes your healers happier.
You make a good point with the chain CC. Up to this point we have just had someone with tank gear or spec to OT them while everyone else keeps DPS on boss.