Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

SeraphRhane
02.26.2012 , 01:34 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasarith View Post
Yoda > Anakin > Luke > His offspring,

One thing i Find fail with Jedi is not Haveing offspring>

as they would get More Powerfull each generation.
BS, Revan and Bastila had the SW universe equivalent of a Squib.
You fight like a dairy farmer!

biosnake
02.27.2012 , 12:12 AM | #222
Credit goes to Brenz0r for this.

It's easier to rank it by tiers than anything else, so here's a ballpark estimate of Force potential:

Tier 1: Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker. They are at the absolute top of the list in terms of potential. Leia comes in just slightly below them, since she's only nearly as powerful as Luke is. That said, she still has the potential to outclass literally everybody else in the galaxy except for her brother by a ridiculous margin.

Tier 2: Abeloth, Palpatine and Yoda. This tier is literally half of Tier One, so there's a huge gap. Abeloth may or may not be above Palpatine and Yoda in potential, but this is owing to her unique status rather than an estimate of raw Force power. She can reliably be hurt by lower tiers (although it took Vol almost everything he had, hence her being ranked above him), but Luke has busted her up every time they face each other. Palpatine and Yoda are here because short of Chosen One levels, they are at the top of their respective pyramids. What Palpatine represents to the dark side is the same as what Yoda does to the light. They are the kind of Force sensitives who only come around once in a thousand years or so, if not longer.

Tier 3: These are the Force users you see maybe once in a generation or so. They're immensely powerful, but not on the same level as those above them. The gap between Tier 3 and Tier 2 is significantly smaller than the gap between Tier 2 and Tier 1. Notable people in this tier would be Kyp Durron (who is probably towards the higher end of this tier), Grand Lord Vol (of the Lost Tribe), Jacen Solo (as Darth Caedus), and other luminaries. Darth Vader (the burned variant) would sit somewhere in here, as would Revan. They might not have the sheer power of somebody like Palpatine or Yoda, but they're still near the top of their respective game. If not for the occasional existence of a Tier 2, they'd be the most powerful Force users in the galaxy.

Tier 4: You probably have a few of these around, but they would be exceedingly rare. They're of a power comparable to Mace Windu, Kyle Katarn and the like. Particularly high-ranking Jedi Masters or notable Sith Lords may crack into this tier (Darth Krayt is an example). Obi-Wan Kenobi may also have been in the very bottom of this tier towards the end, but it's uncertain. Anakin Skywalker around the time of RotS would be in this tier (i.e. strong, but nowhere near what he could be). The difference between it and Tier 3 is again obvious, but not insurmountable.

Below that, it doesn't really bear discussing. Remember that this is a catalogue of potential. It does not record achieved potential except as an estimate. Abeloth may well have hit the upper limits of her own abilities. Palpatine reached the limits of his in Dark Empire. Luke, by contrast, still has a very long way to go.

GenBelisarius
02.27.2012 , 04:43 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by sinfulace View Post
luke skywalker is BECAUSE...

when he is re building the jedi order he studies ALL aspects of the force... he gets a power that allows him to see how an event would have played out if somthing ells would have happend...

and shaterpoint power is amazing

also he is the chosen one
Anakin was the chosen one, not luke. Luke is so very much overrated. In my opinion the EU just makes Jedi power absurd.

undeadsithdread
02.27.2012 , 05:11 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by GenBelisarius View Post
Anakin was the chosen one, not luke. Luke is so very much overrated. In my opinion the EU just makes Jedi power absurd.
we all know luke is true chosen one

and george lucas will still say anakin is chosen one just like he said greedo shot first.
Sith assassin Forever!

Aximand
02.27.2012 , 03:48 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
we all know luke is true chosen one

and george lucas will still say anakin is chosen one just like he said greedo shot first.
Anakin was the Chosen One, Luke was Anakin's potential realized.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

monkeydud
02.27.2012 , 04:26 PM | #226
He was instrumental in the Rebels fight against the Empire. He defeated Darth Vader and ultimately helped redeem the essence of Anakin Skywalker. He was trained by a Jedi Master (the most powerful of Jedi Knight's) who are miracle workers of extreme power and ability. Yoda was only one of three Jedi Masters who survived the fall of the Old Republic (Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader being the other two). Yoda`s two greatest students were Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker.

Five years after the Battle of Endor Luke became a roving ambassador at large for the New Republic. He trained Leia in the ways of the Force during this time. He stopped Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign to destroy the New Republic by using cloned warriors with the help of the Mad Jedi Joruus C`baoth.

During this period he saw off the threat of Mara Jade (Who once served as the Emperors Hand-basically his eyes and ears throughout the galaxy) and conviced her to Join the New Republic. A year later he became the reborn Emperors protoge and eventually fought a young clone of Palpatine. He lost the Lightsaber battle but with Leia`s aid and the power of the luminous beings unleashed the Force on Palpatines dark nexus and conquered his Dark side with Jedi Fire. He then became instrumental in helping the Jedi Order to rise again.

Not bad for a farm boy from Tatooine.

On the flip side however Palpatine created Darth Vader through his dark will, destroyed the Jedi Knights, swept away the Old Republic, forged the Empire and assembled the greatest military force ever seen upon the Galaxy....
`Insert Random Old Skool Gaming Quote`

My fansite

Suromir
02.27.2012 , 07:07 PM | #227
Luke is the most powerful. Those of you saying he's not couldn't be more WRONG.

why do I say this?

because George Lucas himself said Luke is THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE USER EVER.

fact. Luke is the most powerful Jedi ever. per GLucas. y'know that guy that created the entire universe AND has FINAL SAY on ANYTHING. like it or not.

ProReo
02.28.2012 , 02:21 AM | #228
I would say Obi-Wan is the greatest. He is the only one who defeated Darth Vader in his prime, he defeated Griveous, fought well versus Dooku, defeated Darth Maul, managed to guide Luke which eventually ended the Emperor's reign, trained Anakin Skywalker and became one with the Force. He was a master of Soresu and his defense was almost unbreakable, tho weak against a Makashi user such as Dooku. All in all, I'd say he is the GOAT.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams. "

caedusvong
02.28.2012 , 02:23 AM | #229
My favorite Jedi is Jacen solo the son of Han and leia he is so kool and his powers are greater that anyone i have seen and he became a sith lord and had a daughter Allana

Rayla_Felana
02.28.2012 , 02:28 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by caedusvong View Post
My favorite Jedi is Jacen solo the son of Han and leia he is so kool and his powers are greater that anyone i have seen and he became a sith lord and had a daughter Allana
He was actually the most powerful manifestation of the Force ever recorded when he achieved oneness, you might not want to forget that.