Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Palpatine forgot about the rule of 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Palpatine forgot about the rule of 2

Restepor
02.25.2012 , 09:03 PM | #41
Like the others have been saying, I think the Sith would break these rules as seen fit. If they saw that they could advance their power by having another apprentice they would probably take the opportunity.

darth_blue
02.26.2012 , 07:47 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Restepor View Post
Like the others have been saying, I think the Sith would break these rules as seen fit. If they saw that they could advance their power by having another apprentice they would probably take the opportunity.
true. there would always be only 2 official sith lords, a master and an apprentice.
the master may train another if he sees potential to replace his apprentice. the apprentice, also may take his own apprentice to overpower the master, and then he shall be the new lord of the sith...

Ridisi
02.26.2012 , 10:18 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
He had count duku. Duku had both ventris and grevis. When palp had vader vader had starkiller. not sure if duku and his 2 sith followers were under palp at the same time as Mual. Ifso then thats 5 sith at 1 time. The Darkside only wanted 2. Do you think this is why good old palpatine failed?
I didn't read anyone elses post, but if you read Darth Plaguies this makes a lot more sense. The rule of 2 died out with Darth Tenebrous.

Kinlopunim
02.26.2012 , 02:00 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Sidious.
Plagueis was Sidious' Master, whom he killed and recounted the "legend" to Anakin in the Opera House.
eh, it was late when i wrote that, bound to make some mistakes ;P

_Zorth_
02.26.2012 , 03:23 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridisi View Post
I didn't read anyone elses post, but if you read Darth Plaguies this makes a lot more sense. The rule of 2 died out with Darth Tenebrous.
I'd say it died when Sidious started his plan of taking over the galaxy and purging the jedi. The Rule of 2 was pretty much a means to take over the galaxy, was it's ultimate goal.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

TalkingDinosaur
02.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #46
count duku? geez lrn2spel. emperur palpatin and generul grevus know what they're doin.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11