Remove Speed/Charges while carrying the huttball.

Xsorus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a few pages got stuck on Vanguard/PTs as Ball Carriers.

The original point made was compared to OTHER Ball Carriers, they are the least desirable. Which well, they are. Nobody said they were BAD Ball Carriers, just comparatively they do not have enough tools the others do to make them the number one choice.

Why is that hard for people to understand?

Secondly, I have always felt the Ball Carrier should be limited in what happens, where they have to pass and use their team for support rather then being a lone hero of the Warzone.

Vanguard's are already one of the strongest classes in the game in 1v1 situations, and controllng healers/casters (I.e every other melee). What else do you want? If you suck as a ball carrier, help to control the middle. Scoring is irrelevant if you can't control the BALL SPAWN.

So much poor strategy it hurts my mind.

Vanguard's are already one of the strongest classes in the game in 1v1 situations, and controllng healers/casters (I.e every other melee). What else do you want? If you suck as a ball carrier, help to control the middle. Scoring is irrelevant if you can't control the BALL SPAWN.

Pretty much. I've said this numerous times in this thread. If you read between the lines this thread is really just a thinly veiled "NERF SORC NAO!!!!!!!ELEVENTY111!!ONE!" thread. Bads will be bad.

but can they control the middle as well as a team of all force users?

LOL Yes. Why not? Because operatives/vanguards/melee classes in general are so bad at killing. :( The on ly people who complain about force users are all TM spammers, i.e ranged DPS themselves. MElee classes laugh at ranged DPS, as we crush you constantly. The problem is nobody wants to learn to be good melee because they are lazy.

The only ranged DPS that stands a chance against a melee class is a sniper/gunslinger. Mercs/Commandos, Sorc/Sages and non tank shadow/assasins are DOA against any decent Marauder/Sentinel or Vanguard and sometimes Jugg/Guardian.

Oh noes a Sorc/Sage. Send a marauder/sentinel after them and they will probably rage quit.

Edited by Derian

Because I said they weren't a strong 1v1 Class?

So much poor reading, it hurts my mind...

He's pointing out that the class is already very strong in so many ways. People crying about the sky falling because someone else has a niche they don't is ridiculous; and, ridiculous is the definition of this thread.

This discussion is pointless. Most people (who play force users) and Bioware will only understand the need to reduce force users ability to run the ball *after* rated warzones are in the game.

Just wait for it and take a look at the team's compositions. In Huttball, you dont need to kill anyone to win. Try to stop a full team of battlemaster force users to score when you cant catch anyone fast enough with all the immunities, pulls, jumps, sprinting and passing. It will be insane. Hutball will be a miserable experience for professions like Mercenary and Operative...if they ever get in a team.

Sadly for all of us, the nerf will come too late. Mark my words.

Edited by mrharris

You insinuate it. What, do you want your class to be good at everything? Nobody takes people like you seriously. Your class/spec isn't and can't be awesome at everything, sorry. Vanguard's are already a really really strong class, if you are as weak as you say at carrying the ball then you can literally fill any other role in HB just as well or better than every other AC in the game. Sorc/Sages make terrible ball carriers too. Vanguards can spec into a pull ability. Use it.

This discussion is pointless. Most people (who play force users) and Bioware will only understand the need to reduce force users ability to run the ball *after* rated warzones are in the game.

Just wait for it and take a look at the team's compositions. In Huttball, you dont need to kill anyone to win. Try to stop a full team of battlemaster force users to score when you cant catch anyone fast enough with all the immunities, jumps and sprinting + passing. It will be insane. Hutball will be a miserable experience for professions like Mercenary and Operative...if they ever get in a team.

Your team will fail in rated WZs because they don't know how to control the center with non-ball running classes; not because of force using classes.

Currently in Rift, They're getting ready to patch out Speed/teleports while carrying the flag in Whitefall, cause it lends one class setup being absolute best, and zero skill required to run the flag (riftstalker/bard/bd)

They should do that with this game, and please note, I do have a BM Powertech that gets Charge.

Huttball should be based on running the ball, and passing the ball, Not who generally has the most force users on their team.

Classes like Assassin/Marauder/Juggy/Sorc have a highly unfair advantage when doing this compared to other classes. Abilities such as the Sorc Pull give them a massive advantage compared to the other Healers as well in Huttball.

So i say have movement buffs not work on the ball carrier, as well as charges, and of course the Sorc pull.

This would make team mates running ahead for passes more used. It would bring back skill to the game.

Thank God I left that game. It was by far the most unbalanced PVP I ever played. Now only unkillable warrior/clerics get to carry that flag ROFLMAO.

Your team will fail in rated WZs because they don't know how to control the center with non-ball running classes; not because of force using classes.

Literally the most important part of any HB (Controlling the middle) and all people can do is complain about sprint from glass cannons and tanks who couldn't kill a baby. If you can't control the middle you lose, even if you score first. You can't run back fast enough to catch the counter attack. If you suck at running the ball go to the middle and kill somebody, get the ball when it spawns and pass it to someone who can.

HB nees force users, just like it needs non-force users as non-force users are the most potent DPS in the game.

Control the center? lol. Did you ever play with a team of force users focused only in scoring (meaning zero farming)? Center means nothing because you can't kill them. They take the ball and in a few seconds after are pulled, or charge someone, or sprint away...after that, good luck trying to catch their focused effort.

Actually, the only way to pseudo-counter this, is to stay near your end line, hoping to knock them down.

I'll say it again. Force users ball carriers will be nerfed...but not soon enough.

Control the center? lol. Did you ever play with a team of force users focused only in scoring (meaning zero farming)? Center means nothing because you can't kill them. They take the ball and in a few seconds after are pulled, or charge someone, or sprint away...after that, good luck trying to catch their focused effort.

Actually, the only way to pseudo-counter this, is to stay near your end line, hoping to knock them down.

I'll say it again. Force users ball carriers will be nerfed...but not soon enough.

How do they take the ball if you control center? Stop making excuses. If you take the ball you control center. Obviously they did in this situation you created.

Just wait for it and take a look at the team's compositions. In Huttball, you dont need to kill anyone to win. Try to stop a full team of battlemaster force users to score when you cant catch anyone fast enough with all the immunities, pulls, jumps, sprinting and passing. It will be insane. Hutball will be a miserable experience for professions like Mercenary and Operative...if they ever get in a team.

Oooooh nooooes its doom and gloooom.

My usual premade consists of me(anni marauder),sniper,sin tank(in dps gear) and healing operative.Me and sin will carry the ball once in like 2-3 matches.All other time we simply stay in middle and kill anything that tryes to get to the ball,or carry the ball.getting past us is nigh impossible,sprint or no sprint.90% of the time we win 2or3-0.Learn some strategy then learn to play.

Oooooh nooooes its doom and gloooom.

My usual premade consists of me(anni marauder),sniper,sin tank(in dps gear) and healing operative.Me and sin will carry the ball once in like 2-3 matches.All other time we simply stay in middle and kill anything that tryes to get to the ball,or carry the ball.getting past us is nigh impossible,sprint or no sprint.90% of the time we win 2or3-0.Learn some strategy then learn to play.

I'm talking about rated warzones, not your ****** 4-man premade killing undergeared players in middle. It is possible to farm people in random warzones, but rated will be a whole different story.

I dont care about force users carrying the ball now. But everyone will care when rated warzones are in the game.

If you ever played rated battleground in WoW, you understand how difficult it is to actually kill people, specially tanks and healers. So, in my opinion, controlling middle will not be possible, it will always be contested and scores will all happen lightning fast, because of force users carrying the ball.

I stopped reading there. That's utter nonsense. It's obvious from the things you post that you lose because you fail to control the center.

Are you playing rated warzones? no? so yea, I'm talking about it. Not random stuff. Right now, I farm badly geared ppl in middle all day.

Are you playing rated warzones? no? so yea, I'm talking about it. Not random stuff. Right now, I farm badly geared ppl in middle all day.

You'll have to excuse me if I view your theory crafting as a poor way of attempting to push for a nerf.

Things are fine as is. I laugh at the idea of a 2 second, 150% run increase, every 30 seconds being OP. If you lose, it is because they are better at doing it than you. It truly is and will be a learn to play issue.

Abilities such as the Sorc Pull give them a massive advantage compared to the other Healers as well in Huttball.

if the sorc is lets say on the other side of the fire pit he can get the ball if its passed so it doesnt rly matter if u pull or not

also if u let sorc to stay in ur goal line and pull ppl isnt that ur fault ?

if u stay on the edge or leave enemy player to stay that allows warrior to leap isnt that ur fault ?

team that fail hard wont stop enemy from doing 6 goals in 5 min with or w/o speed boost pulls leaps etc....

Edited by Batslav

if the sorc is lets say on the other side of the fire pit he can get the ball if its passed so it doesnt rly matter if u pull or not

except for the fact the carrier is usually half stunlocked so getting pulled to the top rampart (or goal line) away from the scrum=win when you can't pass.

You'll have to excuse me if I view your theory crafting as a poor way of attempting to push for a nerf.

Things are fine as is. I laugh at the idea of a 2 second, 150% run increase, every 30 seconds being OP. If you lose, it is because they are better at doing it than you. It truly is and will be a learn to play issue.

I'm not asking to change sprint. Not asking for a nerf at all. Where did you read that? I'm asking for the mobility of ball carriers to be reduced. When you are carrying the ball, stuff like sprint, pull or charge should not be allowed. You can still sprint to a place and receive a pass, but not sprint while carrying the ball.

See the difference? and I'm asking for this because of RATED warzones, not random. My fear is that scores will happend too quickly and professions like mercenary, operative and sniper will have a hard time making it in a team because they lack utility.