Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Gnugthreeonefive
02.26.2012 , 11:29 AM | #371
Sorcs are my new fave opponent to distress with my meatshield tank.

Evil_Santa
02.26.2012 , 11:31 AM | #372
I'm not sure what all the hate is towards sorcs/sages, but I do play one. This choice wasn't based on reading OP threads or anything - just in MMO's I've historically played squishy glass cannons.

That said, they're not THAT hard to beat, but people haven't figured out the tricks to stomping them. I'd implore everyone to try to figure out what to do to beat them, because 90% of the sorcs/sages on my server get face-rolled by me just because I employ a couple of tricks, and yes i've been in warzones where 80% of the players are a sorc/sage. If you people would spend time figuring out how-to defeat opponents more, than spending time writing up why you think they're OP when they aren't, then your gaming experience would be vastly more enjoyable.

At this point i feel that troopers/mercs are the most OP class. Anything that can use 4 skills to roflstomp players is crazy, add in their heavy armor, shield and heals, and you have a beast of a character.

Here's a few tips for how-to deal with sorc/sages. Melee, interrupts and snipers. We're squishy, we're mobile, we hit hard, but we're not immortal.

PienaDesa
02.26.2012 , 11:37 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
I'm not sure what all the hate is towards sorcs/sages, but I do play one. This choice wasn't based on reading OP threads or anything - just in MMO's I've historically played squishy glass cannons.

That said, they're not THAT hard to beat, but people haven't figured out the tricks to stomping them. I'd implore everyone to try to figure out what to do to beat them, because 90% of the sorcs/sages on my server get face-rolled by me just because I employ a couple of tricks, and yes i've been in warzones where 80% of the players are a sorc/sage. If you people would spend time figuring out how-to defeat opponents more, than spending time writing up why you think they're OP when they aren't, then your gaming experience would be vastly more enjoyable.

At this point i feel that troopers/mercs are the most OP class. Anything that can use 4 skills to roflstomp players is crazy, add in their heavy armor, shield and heals, and you have a beast of a character.

Here's a few tips for how-to deal with sorc/sages. Melee, interrupts and snipers. We're squishy, we're mobile, we hit hard, but we're not immortal.
Had a 1v1 other day with Counsler.I'm a juggernaught, got nice PvP gear, but he beat me flat.Counslers have too many buffs, I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time, when I deal something he instaheals it.In the end I got killed, and I had taken ~7% of his life away, so yeah, counslers are not immortal, and ironicly don't soak up more dmg then tanks.

Telaan
02.26.2012 , 11:44 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by PienaDesa View Post
Had a 1v1 other day with Counsler.I'm a juggernaught, got nice PvP gear, but he beat me flat.Counslers have too many buffs, I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time, when I deal something he instaheals it.In the end I got killed, and I had taken ~7% of his life away, so yeah, counslers are not immortal, and ironicly don't soak up more dmg then tanks.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could add this whole quote to my sig!

I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time
I did ~10 k dmg to him, and his shields apsorbed it all + he was healing himself the whole time
Epic quote of the day.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

PienaDesa
02.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could add this whole quote to my sig!

Epic quote of the day.
I don't get the joke, its quite sad frankly.

Telaan
02.26.2012 , 11:49 AM | #376
I don't get the joke, its quite sad frankly.
The joke was your whole post. Do some research and you'll see why. I'll start you in the right direction though:

Force Armor cannot in any way, shape, or form absorb 10k in damage.....ever.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Evil_Santa
02.26.2012 , 12:51 PM | #377

So in otherwords you play a tank that's strengths are; taking damage, interrupting and dpsing. (in order of greatest to least) and you failed to prioritize your abilities with those strengths, by going DPS, take damage, interrupt.. (did you even interrupt once?) and lost a 1v1.

Got it.

Flarenza
02.26.2012 , 02:36 PM | #378
So in otherwords you play a tank that's strengths are; taking damage, interrupting and dpsing. (in order of greatest to least) and you failed to prioritize your abilities with those strengths, by going DPS, take damage, interrupt.. (did you even interrupt once?) and lost a 1v1.

Got it.
Too bad those strengths are non-existant. For a Powertech, if you spec deep sheildtech and actually use the tank gear, you are just as squishy as a dps, barring a few extra hp, and do significantly less dps while also having less interrupts/cooldowns than a dps spec. That's not even going into the fact that interrupts in this game do very little, 8 second cooldown that only affects 1 spell instead of entire spell tree for 4 seconds, at the cost of heat and damage is pretty much useless in pvp.

Beachcomberb
02.26.2012 , 02:46 PM | #379

Got it.
1. Most tank stats dont work in pvp

2. Tanks cant dps to any great degree.

Got it ?

Evil_Santa
02.26.2012 , 04:14 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Flarenza View Post
Too bad those strengths are non-existant. For a Powertech, if you spec deep sheildtech and actually use the tank gear, you are just as squishy as a dps, barring a few extra hp, and do significantly less dps while also having less interrupts/cooldowns than a dps spec. That's not even going into the fact that interrupts in this game do very little, 8 second cooldown that only affects 1 spell instead of entire spell tree for 4 seconds, at the cost of heat and damage is pretty much useless in pvp.
First off we were discussing his Jugg not your Powertech. I haven't played one and really don't know much about the class. Secondly the part where you saying that an interrupt does very little is where you're already giving up. Inerrupts on sorcs do a lot, if you interrupt them at the right time. Not giving away the prize though, you have to do research to figure that one out.