Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "I hate TS (especially in OPs)" Thread

Talorra
02.24.2012 , 02:03 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
Yeah, voicechat is lame! Nightmare ops should disallow the use of voice chat to increase the difficulty
While we're at it, let's make the screen randomly blank out too. Because seeing what you're doing makes it too easy, and all the players jumping around all the time gets really annoying

This thread is ridiculous, and I'm amazed it is still going on. Don't like VoIP? Join a guild that doesn't use or require it. Easy.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

uidLucid
02.24.2012 , 02:08 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
And the last thing the rest of us need is some immature 12 year old that cries about team speak for illegitimate reasons in our group. You don't know us. You don't know how we act. You aren't even willing to get to know us. Why in the hell would we want to play with you anyways? You've already labeled us all as 15 year olds. Maybe that's your real problem, not the "evil" voice chat.
Clearly my experiences of the usage of the previously aforementioned application offend you.

This makes me happy inside.

IronFirewind
02.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by uidLucid View Post
Been asked to join a couple of PvP based guilds on my server, first question I always ask; "Do you require vent or ts?". If the answer is "yes", my answer is "die in a fire".

Last thing I need is some uneducated 15 year old kid screaming like a girl because someone didn't heal him properly/rolled higher than him/turned left instead of right/etc.
You do realise you can just mute people like that right?

The VoIP haters really seem unable to adapt to the fact that sometimes things are popular for a reason and just come across as a bunch of pretentious elitists for refusing to use it if asked.
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

MathigNihilcehk
02.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #134
I used to be an adamant no voice chat player. I played WoW, and SWG for over 2 years without it. Never needed it, never wanted it. As a result, I can type just as fast as I can talk, with little to no errors. In EvE I started to use voice-chat... now I see both ends of the argument.

The Pro-Voice-chatters are saying "It is somehow easier to coordinate via voice-chat". There is this sense of feeling everything is working, when you use Voice-chat. Where-as in typing you just wait for a reply, or hope they read what you typed.

The Anti-Voice-chatters argument is that you shouldn't have to use Voice-chat in PvE, and I believe in PvP also. This works also, as I have run just as fast as I did with voice-chat through KP. The difference, is when you use voice-chat, EVERYONE has to be in your voice-chat or its worthless. Coordinating this can easily cancel out the benefits of having said voice-chat in the first place.

The reason, I believe, we all can't just get along, is that Voice-chat requires everyone to have voice-chat, and non-voice-chat requires just one not to have it. What would be nice, is if Bioware implemented a system to allow Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, etc. to speak into the game-server. Thus, letting us all use what we want, but also making it easy to get everyone to use the system, when you want to. Now you would just have to deal with the populous who is impolite, and doesn't care about your ears... but then again people are impolite about many things, so deal with this just as you would something else. Weather that be ignore them, put them on your ignore list, ask them to stop, etc. Of course, Bioware probably won't implement this, so the arguments and debates go on...

By the way, the Anti-Voice-Chat wins on this one, and always will. So long as one person is anti-voice-chat in the group, your going to use typing. For every person you convince to use voice-chat, another comes along.
I see you ... an adventurer looking for a guild to join.
The Redbladed Shadow is a Light-RP/PVE guild.
If you are ready to begin the journey, apply here.
Mathig Nihilcehk... I am the Lich King H!

HellFlame
02.24.2012 , 03:33 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by MathigNihilcehk View Post
I used to be an adamant no voice chat player. I played WoW, and SWG for over 2 years without it. Never needed it, never wanted it. As a result, I can type just as fast as I can talk, with little to no errors. In EvE I started to use voice-chat... now I see both ends of the argument.

The Pro-Voice-chatters are saying "It is somehow easier to coordinate via voice-chat". There is this sense of feeling everything is working, when you use Voice-chat. Where-as in typing you just wait for a reply, or hope they read what you typed.

The Anti-Voice-chatters argument is that you shouldn't have to use Voice-chat in PvE, and I believe in PvP also. This works also, as I have run just as fast as I did with voice-chat through KP. The difference, is when you use voice-chat, EVERYONE has to be in your voice-chat or its worthless. Coordinating this can easily cancel out the benefits of having said voice-chat in the first place.

The reason, I believe, we all can't just get along, is that Voice-chat requires everyone to have voice-chat, and non-voice-chat requires just one not to have it. What would be nice, is if Bioware implemented a system to allow Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, etc. to speak into the game-server. Thus, letting us all use what we want, but also making it easy to get everyone to use the system, when you want to. Now you would just have to deal with the populous who is impolite, and doesn't care about your ears... but then again people are impolite about many things, so deal with this just as you would something else. Weather that be ignore them, put them on your ignore list, ask them to stop, etc. Of course, Bioware probably won't implement this, so the arguments and debates go on...

By the way, the Anti-Voice-Chat wins on this one, and always will. So long as one person is anti-voice-chat in the group, your going to use typing. For every person you convince to use voice-chat, another comes along.
If theres only one you remove him from the group and search another one who is willing to use VoIP.

If you type you waste enough time on typing.. those secs could and will affect your healing or dps.

Voice is always faster than typing.

Not that it would be required in this game...
SW:TOR Endgame

daexarayan
02.25.2012 , 11:55 PM | #136
I understand some individuals frustration about feeling they shouldn't have to use a Voice over Net Program... and you don't. Just don't be raging mad because no one wants to raid with you. Many guilds make it a pre-req to even join, because they don't want to be typing for a half an hour. Especially when its hardmodes/nightmare mode raids... When people are running around they seldom look at chat when they are dodging exploding lightning balls, while trying to dps... and keep themselves alive... and etc etc. When someone is on voice, you can just say.... HEY (target individual) move to (XYZ) or you can watch them explode as you type something out, and they fail to see it.

On the flip side, I guess if you have memorized every single nuance of every single boss encounter of the game, and so have every member of your raid... Then you should be pro raiders and not need to type or talk, making hundreds of thousands of dollars in competition gaming.

jaakkeli
02.26.2012 , 12:07 AM | #137
For some of us, the whole point of raiding or battleground pvping is that it's a reason to get together and have fun in vent. Raiding without voice chat would be like having a barbeque and banning people from talking (it's just about the food, damn it! what's all this chit chat??? shut up everyone!) - what's the point?

grylsk
02.26.2012 , 07:45 AM | #138
my guild has a rule that everyone uses push to talk..so that cuts down on inane chitchat during fights..and the general bad noises people make, heavy breathing, eating etc..but i would chose not to use it if i had a choice..text chat works fine for me.

DuchessHepner
04.05.2017 , 10:38 PM | #139
The Guild I joined uses TV for O'CONNOR and Ops as well as Raids and PvP. I get the OP too. I don't like irrelevant information or chatter. Guilds in the past I joined never used it. Maybe it's me and the only one in the guild who feels it's invasive. Honestly never got into it once, maybe I'm just too private.

But it was a requirement to get a promotion in the guild till it was changed. I figured id never get off the 'initiate' rank.

AarenJ
04.07.2017 , 07:21 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessHepner View Post
The Guild I joined uses TV for O'CONNOR and Ops as well as Raids and PvP. I get the OP too. I don't like irrelevant information or chatter. Guilds in the past I joined never used it. Maybe it's me and the only one in the guild who feels it's invasive. Honestly never got into it once, maybe I'm just too private.

But it was a requirement to get a promotion in the guild till it was changed. I figured id never get off the 'initiate' rank.
Holy thread necromancy, Batman.