Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Screen image problem, but not black screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Screen image problem, but not black screen

mynameiswinning
12.15.2011 , 12:55 PM | #1
Hi everyone,

I downloaded early access and when I go to play the game it loads up and everything is great until I start to actually play the game. It all works except for what I see in the game world, for example on Korriban inside all I can really see is grey from the surrounding steel and when I follow my mini map to get outside I just see peach from the ruins. They'll be a split second when I can see my character but I'll take another step and it covers the screen again like I'm staring directly at the statue from half an inch away.
My only theory is that I saved the game to my D drive instead of C but I don't think that's a good enough reason for this to be that bad, any advice? Appreciate it a lot I'm getting frustrated...

Amelaista
12.15.2011 , 01:36 PM | #2
Sounds like video problems, what are your PC specs? Video card in particular.
first thing you can try is making sure your video drivers are updated.
Characters: Amelaista, Kandifir, Sasairu, Arissarle
Squadron 157 Dont forget the Pink Boots!

mynameiswinning
12.15.2011 , 01:59 PM | #3
I'm using a Dell Studio 15z running an i5 apprx 2.33 ghz, 2 gigs of RAAM and intel extreme graphics. Please don't tell me it's graphics...

Amelaista
12.15.2011 , 02:49 PM | #4
Well, bad news : (

as you are running the game on a notebook laptop with integrated graphics there is not much that anyone could do to help, i was unable to find the exact video information but i did find one review that stated "The Dell Studio 15zís integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD is good enough for playing high def video, but not for demanding games." this notebook also had issues playing WoW in anything but low resolutions.

Your best chance would be to set all your graphics settings to the lowest option on your character select screen.

this was the review i found for your laptop. Laptop
Characters: Amelaista, Kandifir, Sasairu, Arissarle
Squadron 157 Dont forget the Pink Boots!

mynameiswinning
12.15.2011 , 03:36 PM | #5
That's disappointing, I really appreciate the help though I couldn't figure it out for the life of me! Thanks a lot