Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2/22/2012 -> Can we get an update on where the Combat Log is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2/22/2012 -> Can we get an update on where the Combat Log is?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arnathis's Avatar


Arnathis
02.24.2012 , 08:23 PM | #801
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsbacka View Post
So, on what grounds youre basing that rgument and how WoW raiding was so easy compared to EQ1? What was highest tier boss you killed in Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK leaving out cata ofc. Did your guild without vent or dmg meters in vanilla kill 4 hm or KT in old naxx, C'tun or Viscious(as ally) in Vanilla? Did your guild without vent or dmg meters in TBC kill Muru and onwards in Sunwell Plateau or Gruul prenerf? Did your guild without vent and dmg meters in wotlk kill yogg with 0 adds, algalon, HC firefighter, HC lich king before 10%?
There were only 7 US guilds that killed heroic ragnaros on 25 man pre-nerf, 37 world wide. Nobody killed heroic lich king on 25 man pre-buff. Paragon killed it after the 5% health, healing and damage buff.

I don't understand the people that don't kill heroic mode bosses but then turn around and say WoW raiding is easy. Sure, normals are easy but that's like saying normal mode in SWTOR is too easy and never setting foot in nightmare modes, which are also a joke but you get the analogy.

DavidBass's Avatar


DavidBass
02.24.2012 , 08:24 PM | #802 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by georgzoeller View Post
we're going to give an update on this topic at the guild summit
WE ARE?!
David Bass | Development Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Chewpaco's Avatar


Chewpaco
02.24.2012 , 08:27 PM | #803
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsbacka View Post
It had 450k subs, 5% of wows subs, raid were with 72 people which were completerd with 15 people dead at a time when general player population had no clue. Most common cause between win or fail was that you couldnt find 72 awesome players in same raid, i dount that game even had 72 awesome players all together in sense that is it nowdays.

We found common ground on applying dmg meters for guild use only but you showing your stupid EQ1 raid comparisons and knowledge of the raid difficulty of modern day makes you look like a fool.
I speak from experience. Sorry, you don't. You have admitted you didn't play EQ1.

Do you think I would dog WoW just to dog WoW because I have nothing better to do? I played WoW off and on for 6 years. I obviously liked it.

It was conveinent, solo friendly game, that as I got older - better suited my adult schedule. Nothing could ever keep me really hooked to it for more than a year at a time though. Why? Because everything came too easily.

I NEVER felt the rush I felt once in WoW - like the first time we cleared the Plane of Time after 9 months of raiding the Elemental Planes to have the geared, skilled group to complete it.

If content took 9 months for a guild to gear for these days?

The Wahhm-buh-lance is called. It's too hard. Or even better - its bugged. LOL. If it can't be cleared it's bugged. So funny. It was a different time in gaming my friend. The posters that post on here that say it will never return to that point again are right. The reason games will never be as hard again? Today's instant gratification gamer doesn't have the patience for it. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Arnathis's Avatar


Arnathis
02.24.2012 , 08:31 PM | #804
Quote: Originally Posted by Chewpaco View Post
I speak from experience. Sorry, you don't. You have admitted you didn't play EQ1.

Do you think I would dog WoW just to dog WoW because I have nothing better to do? I played WoW off and on for 6 years. I obviously liked it.

It was conveinent, solo friendly game, that as I got older - better suited my adult schedule. Nothing could ever keep me really hooked to it for more than a year at a time though. Why? Because everything came too easily.

I NEVER felt the rush I felt once in WoW - like the first time we cleared the Plane of Time after 9 months of raiding the Elemental Planes to have the geared, skilled group to complete it.

If content took 9 months for a guild to gear for these days?

The Wahhm-buh-lance is called. It's too hard. Or even better - its bugged. LOL. If it can't be cleared it's bugged. So funny. It was a different time in gaming my friend. The posters that post on here that say it will never return to that point again are right. The reason games will never be as hard again? Today's instant gratification gamer doesn't have the patience for it. Sorry, but that is the truth.
This just sounds like a grind that was more a test of perseverance than a measure of skill.

Companies have figured out people don't enjoy "the grind." If you're gonna ask people to pay a monthly sub then you better keep new content coming.

Blavatsky's Avatar


Blavatsky
02.24.2012 , 08:31 PM | #805
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsbacka View Post
So, answer my questions in a post you made this quote. wWhich considred to be hard bosses you killed in wow without vent or dmg meters, or with em? none. I talked earlier about 500 wipes on HC ragnaros and you said it was easy, you did it in MC. You dont even know what we are talking here so stop posting.
Why are you so upset , what is at stake here for you?

Forsbacka's Avatar


Forsbacka
02.24.2012 , 08:32 PM | #806
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnathis View Post
There were only 7 US guilds that killed heroic ragnaros on 25 man pre-nerf, 37 world wide. Nobody killed heroic lich king on 25 man pre-buff. Paragon killed it after the 5% health, healing and damage buff.

I don't understand the people that don't kill heroic mode bosses but then turn around and say WoW raiding is easy. Sure, normals are easy but that's like saying normal mode in SWTOR is too easy and never setting foot in nightmare modes, which are also a joke but you get the analogy.
Im sure that most raiders thought there is 3 difficulty levels for a reason, Nightmare modes beeing for minor portion of player base, as somekinda HC mode which isnt the case. There is 3 difficulty levels atm which are casua, casual and casual and thatwont change untill they can start to make harder content which they have chance to after they are adding already promised logs and ofc fixing the issues in balance that comes atfer that.

Arnathis's Avatar


Arnathis
02.24.2012 , 08:35 PM | #807
Quote: Originally Posted by Chewpaco View Post
I NEVER saw 1 WoW raid where the playerbase was whiping when out leveling and out gearing the encounter by 5 levels. Why? Because the fights were harder in EQ.
People can and still do wipe to heroic Yogg in Ulduar, despite that being a level 80 raid.

People still wipe to heroic lich king whether it's 10 or 25 man, even decent raiding guilds can struggle on it. That's a level 80 raid, we're level 85 now. It was a hard hard fight.

People will still wipe to heroic ragnaros in the next expansion, guaranteed.

You are spewing nonsense you don't know anything about.

Blavatsky's Avatar


Blavatsky
02.24.2012 , 08:35 PM | #808
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsbacka View Post
Im sure that most raiders thought there is 3 difficulty levels for a reason, Nightmare modes beeing for minor portion of player base, as somekinda HC mode which isnt the case. There is 3 difficulty levels atm which are casua, casual and casual and thatwont change untill they can start to make harder content which they have chance to after they are adding already promised logs and ofc fixing the issues in balance that comes atfer that.
There are three difficulty levels, ARE...

did it twice, sheesh

Blavatsky's Avatar


Blavatsky
02.24.2012 , 08:37 PM | #809
Quote: Originally Posted by Arnathis View Post
People still wipe to heroic lich king whether it's 10 or 25 man, even decent raiding guilds can struggle on it. That's a level 80 raid, we're level 85 now. It was a hard hard fight.

People will still wipe to heroic ragnaros in the next expansion, guaranteed.
True, i think people are still wiping on lich king at 85.

But I dont think anyone will be wiping on ragnaros during the next expansion cause no one will be playing

Forsbacka's Avatar


Forsbacka
02.24.2012 , 08:39 PM | #810
Quote: Originally Posted by Chewpaco View Post
I speak from experience. Sorry, you don't. You have admitted you didn't play EQ1.

Do you think I would dog WoW just to dog WoW because I have nothing better to do? I played WoW off and on for 6 years. I obviously liked it.

It was conveinent, solo friendly game, that as I got older - better suited my adult schedule. Nothing could ever keep me really hooked to it for more than a year at a time though. Why? Because everything came too easily.

I NEVER felt the rush I felt once in WoW - like the first time we cleared the Plane of Time after 9 months of raiding the Elemental Planes to have the geared, skilled group to complete it.

If content took 9 months for a guild to gear for these days?

The Wahhm-buh-lance is called. It's too hard. Or even better - its bugged. LOL. If it can't be cleared it's bugged. So funny. It was a different time in gaming my friend. The posters that post on here that say it will never return to that point again are right. The reason games will never be as hard again? Today's instant gratification gamer doesn't have the patience for it. Sorry, but that is the truth.
So answer my question since WOW was so easy for you and your guild, did you kill with or without vent and meters following bosses, Vanilla: Viscious, Ouro, C'Thun, 4 HM, KT. In TBC: Gruul on first weeks prenerf, M'uru, Kil'jaeden. In Wrath: HC Mimiron, Yogg saron with 0 guardians, Algalon, HC Lich King. Did you kill most hardest fight in MMORPG gaming history, HC Ragnaros in Cata. Did you kill anything that was considered to be hard at any given time? I thought so