Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where are Screenshots Stored?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where are Screenshots Stored?

Kaitin
12.14.2011 , 09:45 PM | #1
Just a simple question that I can't seem to find the answer to: where are screenshots taken in-game shown? I want to show off my toons and keep some memories after all. Thanks in advance, and sorry if this was answered before and I just couldn't find it.

_Maze
12.14.2011 , 09:54 PM | #2
Your documents/images/Star Wars - The Old Republic

Kaitin
12.14.2011 , 10:23 PM | #3
Thank you much!

Revenar
12.14.2011 , 10:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by _Maze View Post
Your documents/images/Star Wars - The Old Republic
That explains why I couldn't find them during beta. I was looking for a Screenshots folder in the SWTOR directory itself rather than in the %user% directory...

Dunwar
12.15.2011 , 12:58 AM | #5
Well, I can't find them in my C:\User\<Name>\Documents or Pictures section (Win 7 Pro 64Bit). Could it be because the game client is installed on D:\ ?
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

Caseus_Fette
12.15.2011 , 02:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunwar View Post
Well, I can't find them in my C:\User\<Name>\Documents or Pictures section (Win 7 Pro 64Bit). Could it be because the game client is installed on D:\ ?
It is possible that they are in the game directory, I have played games in the past that did this when you specify a custom install path.

for the record mine are located in "C:\Users\<my name>\Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots"

I use Vista 64 / Home Premium.

xandax
12.15.2011 , 02:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunwar View Post
No - they should still be in your documents folder, despite game install. Mines on E:\ and the images are still stored in documents.
They were in a subfolder of my documents named something with SWTOR or Bioware (can't remember, at work atm)
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Dunwar
12.15.2011 , 02:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xandax View Post
No - they should still be in your documents folder, despite game install. Mines on E:\ and the images are still stored in documents.
They were in a subfolder of my documents named something with SWTOR or Bioware (can't remember, at work atm)
Hmm, I have a BioWare folder in the ...\Documents folder, but the only subfolder there is from DragonAge. Well I'll try to download install the game client again (mine is still a patched beta client from the last two beta weekends) and see what happens.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

howit
12.15.2011 , 02:37 PM | #9
I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit with an admin and a restricted user.
Used the restricted user to install but needed admin rights -> screenshots are stored in the admin user folder now. Took me a while to find them too

Scripts
12.15.2011 , 03:03 PM | #10
Sneaky Bioware programmers, being smarter than the average user...

At least its somewhere I routinely back up

Now, if we could only transfer key bindings between characters, I'd be all set...