Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

master crafting rakata relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
master crafting rakata relics

MaximusFenix
02.22.2012 , 04:58 PM | #1
so im an artificer, and i was wondering if it was possible to master craft the lvl 50 rakata relics to get a augment slot?

Natarii
02.22.2012 , 05:17 PM | #2
Absolutely possible; these are currently best in slot items. I'm sporting 2 of them on my sorcerer healer (and an augmented light saber, go me!)
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

livnthedream
02.22.2012 , 05:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
Absolutely possible; these are currently best in slot items. I'm sporting 2 of them on my sorcerer healer (and an augmented light saber, go me!)
the only relic actually worth using of the 2 is the power one. alacrity scales terribly and you should already have enough surge on your gear to be in heavy dr.

your other slot you should be using the datacron relic.

CrookedStyle
02.22.2012 , 08:16 PM | #4
0 for 5 on my rakata power relic crit

Nordar
02.23.2012 , 05:04 AM | #5
Have you considered the combination of matric cube with 1 rakata relic since the 2 rakata you might slot share the same CD on the on use ability?

The rakata gives:

77 stat + augment slot (+28 secondary stat - currently best aug in game) + 20 sec boost to some secondary stat depending on relic version on 2 min shared CD.

The Matrix cube gives (for willpower version. Others have slightly different distribution):

50 endurance + 58 willpowert +28 surge for willpower

So the matrix cube trade 31 more stat (108 endurance + willpower - 77 willpower) to having more 19 more main stat (here willpower)

Ofcourse it depends if you value the +19 extra willpower more than the overall increase in willpower + endurance

/Nordar

Sykomyke
02.23.2012 , 10:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nordar View Post
Have you considered the combination of matric cube with 1 rakata relic since the 2 rakata you might slot share the same CD on the on use ability?
Aside from trying to dig through your insensible post of numbers that aren't organized in a cohesive manner, you are wrong.

Relics that share a "cooldown" only trigger a global cooldown. If you use two Rakata Relics (For example, +defense trigger and +shield/absorb trigger) and use one of the relics; the one you just used is put on it's "True" cooldown (A 2 minute cooldown if I recall correctly).

The other relic is put into a "global relic" cooldown of only 30seconds I believe. I'll give numbers when I'm home and can provide screenies if I get the time.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

MaximusFenix
02.23.2012 , 10:19 AM | #7
i actually have the matrix cube.
and i have one of each of the relics. and depending what spec my guild needs me in for raids i use the appropriate one.

howd you get an augment slot in your saber?

Natarii
02.23.2012 , 10:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusFenix View Post
Got lucky and crit when I crafted it!

As for relic usage, you can use them back to back, but not simulataneously. As a previous poster said, the one used gets it's own internal 2 minute CD, while the other is only unusable while the previous one's buff is active (this is the same pattern as that 'other' game's trinkets, ironically). As soon as the buff from Relic A wears off, you can use Relic B.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Talorra
02.23.2012 , 10:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusFenix View Post

Crit crafting on one yields an augment slot.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

MaximusFenix
02.24.2012 , 02:25 AM | #10
i should of asked what lightsaber? i have the schemes for the nyman master ones with the mats to do it. but they are no where near as good as what im using now. so i dont make them

also, do i have to RE the relics, or just keep crafting them til they pop an augment slot?