Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

rage timer on hm bosses

kalegros
02.23.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1
does anyone else think they let the end bosses in hm hit there rage way to quick. Last night we was doing taral v and it was like he hit second summon for droids then boom there goes his rage anyone else think this is going of to soon.

Alchropie
02.23.2012 , 02:35 PM | #2
I've done all HM's several times except 1 or 2, and only hit enrage twice. Both were seperate instances. And both times we came back and beat them the next time.

No reason to hit enrage. If you do, you aren't geared for that instance or have a bad group setup.
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

schnopsnosn
02.23.2012 , 03:19 PM | #3
Once you're geared up a little you won't hit any enrage-timer at all anymore.
They become too easy to be honest.
It might be a little harsh if you only have 48/50 blue/purple gear, but once you get 2-3 columi-pieces it's just too easy...

Mavery
02.23.2012 , 03:30 PM | #4
If you're hitting enrage timers before 5-10% at low gear levels your DPS are bad. It's as simple as that.

Tell them to fix their spec and rotation and there will be no problems.

edit: In the case of General Edikar in TV HM, no competent group should ever hit enrage in that fight.

Undorett
02.23.2012 , 04:04 PM | #5
Just a question, but why does every boss enrage? Is this a WoW thing? I came from raiding in a different game for 7 years where there were very few enrage type timers and more actual strategy (not just run away from the ___ before it hurts you) in boss fights.

Alchropie
02.23.2012 , 04:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
Just a question, but why does every boss enrage? Is this a WoW thing? I came from raiding in a different game for 7 years where there were very few enrage type timers and more actual strategy (not just run away from the ___ before it hurts you) in boss fights.
Basically to force more gear base progression. So you don't have a bunch of scrubs taking 45 minutes to down the last boss of a high tier instance.
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

Undorett
02.23.2012 , 04:12 PM | #7
I feel like there are better ways to implement soft timers on mobs - add difficult adds that spawn at increasingly smaller intervals, have a boss get a buff that increasingly lowers the amount of damage you can do to him or increases the damage he does slowly, lower AOE recast timer over the course of the fight, make the mob split / copy himself on a timer, etc. There are just a ton of ways to add ways so that there is a gear progression needed without having to give every single mob the same enrage ability on nearly the same timer. It would at least add some diversity to otherwise fairly dull raids.

Mavery
02.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
I feel like there are better ways to implement soft timers on mobs - add difficult adds that spawn at increasingly smaller intervals, have a boss get a buff that increasingly lowers the amount of damage you can do to him or increases the damage he does slowly, lower AOE recast timer over the course of the fight, make the mob split / copy himself on a timer, etc. There are just a ton of ways to add ways so that there is a gear progression needed without having to give every single mob the same enrage ability on nearly the same timer. It would at least add some diversity to otherwise fairly dull raids.
While creative, the solution is the same if you're hitting these timers: do more DPS. I don't see how it makes things any different.

Undorett
02.23.2012 , 05:12 PM | #9
That was kind of the point, they are different ways to accomplish the same thing, thus making the encounters feel more unique-ish. I mean i can rattle off other ways to change them and make them harder with the removal of a DPS type check, adding healing / tanking checks as well as competency checks for long duration encounters, but i was specifically targeting the same type of check with different mechanics.