Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open World PvP is ALIVE!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Open World PvP is ALIVE!!!!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MoonsLightV
02.23.2012 , 04:19 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Allmightyprom View Post
So tonight, guild Exile, took the sith spaceport on Hoth. We denied the entire planet to the sith for hours and hours. Any sith that came in died fast and could not get away from the base or us. Anyone that had to leave hoth had to use their fleetpass.

This message to you idiots out there saying this game has no openworld pvp....i call BS. Man up...get a couple of ops together and go take an opposite factions spaceport. This is called denial of resource.

We had hours of fun. The sith tried to shake us from the planet, but we took them all out.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9403/hothpvp.png
Your frame rate must have been like a 5 year old school presentation with poster board slides...
I would love to actually play the game but half the time I am either stunned, frozen, dazed, knock down, knock backed, whirlwind-ed, ensnared, shocked, or slowed to play the game.

davidpop
02.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLakers View Post
No they shouldn't have, since they were too busy owning Ilum and WZs for valor/commendations aka getting geared. While the republic was stroking their little e-peens against lvl 40 NPCs.

I guess the republic was tired of losing so they had to pick a fight they could win..
This mentality, is what ruined mmos

jokerxdragon
02.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #243
lol@ Darth Fatalis who thinks he's stealthed down there.

Scoobings
02.23.2012 , 04:28 PM | #244
On Mandalore the Republic has been engaging in some pretty fun OW PVP lately. They raided an outpost on tatooine and yesterday they got organized and forced us all the way up to North Assault on Ilum. Was a lot of fun.

Thanks Pubs, I hope you keep the trend up!
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Daeborn
02.23.2012 , 04:29 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Catholicism View Post
What you failed to mention is you did all this while they were off capturing one of your better planets.
I'm Republic and even I laughed.

Daeborn
02.23.2012 , 04:31 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Scoobings View Post
On Mandalore the Republic has been engaging in some pretty fun OW PVP lately. They raided an outpost on tatooine and yesterday they got organized and forced us all the way up to North Assault on Ilum. Was a lot of fun.

Thanks Pubs, I hope you keep the trend up!
Ilum, even with all the crashes and horrible lag, and the fact it's darn near a range-toon's delight, is actually fun even for a Shadow. But you better have PvP gear with 350 exp at least.

GeorgZoeller
02.23.2012 , 04:32 PM | #247 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We're seeing an increase in Open World PvP on many servers lately.

That's not too surprising as free form, ad hoc open world pvp tends to attract players who have achieved their immediate endgame goals (e.g. achieving Battlemaster).

DarthOvertone
02.23.2012 , 04:34 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Allmightyprom View Post
This message to you idiots out there saying this game has no openworld pvp....i call BS.
Dark Reaper has had some kick azz OPvP rocking for a long time. Shot from a couple nights ago:

http://www.collectiblecutlery.com/pi...or/ilum001.jpg

Over a month ago:

http://www.collectiblecutlery.com/pi...elsavis002.jpg

Taking over the Hoth spaceport sounds fun. Have had some big OPvP fights over the Hoth world boss and control of the mine, but not the spaceport. Gotta try it.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

dagrouch
02.23.2012 , 04:34 PM | #249
I personally think it's cool and I'm on the IMP side. I'm against beating my chest over killing lowbies, but you have to kill them first before the big dogs come out.

Besides, this beats the Illum bridge fight any day. Nice work!

mattyvoodoo
02.23.2012 , 04:34 PM | #250
This... has got to be the best thing. Maybe this weekend or something, I'm gonna try to get my guild to raid Tatooine or Hoth so we can call out some 50's and get a real open world PVP event going. Hitting Alderaan would be cool too. The Empire on the Bastion are always looking for a good scrap it seems.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilCanuck View Post
I average 33 medals per match on my Healer/Tank/DPS hybrid.