Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Name Change Confirmed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Name Change Confirmed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TiiRahnedancer
02.23.2012 , 03:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightmaguz View Post
Since when did every choice in life become necessarily permanent?
In life? Nearly always.

As far as the game goes, yeah I don't care. I'm fine with the Legacy name I picked but I'm sympathetic to other players like Ponyboy that want to change.

Cavegeta
02.23.2012 , 03:53 PM | #12
Ponyboy Legacy? Was that on Dart Sion or Grand Master Zym servers?

A_Plastik_Spoon
02.23.2012 , 04:00 PM | #13
Lord Calypho server..
I'm dangerous like a fire in the nursing home
Old people burning, old people burning (Put your hands up)
Old people burning, old people burning (That's kind messed up)

Cyrusis
02.23.2012 , 04:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
Actually when you first picked your legacy it didn't tell you it was for all your characters, many people believed it was a surname for the character you was playing not for every character on the server.

I think a one time only rename should be viable option, maybe something you could spend some legacy levels on?

A_Plastik_Spoon
02.23.2012 , 04:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyrusis View Post
Actually when you first picked your legacy it didn't tell you it was for all your characters, many people believed it was a surname for the character you was playing not for every character on the server.

I think a one time only rename should be viable option, maybe something you could spend some legacy levels on?
Yep, yep, when i picked my stupid legacy name I was just wondering if it was available because a guild member suggested it and now it's permanent across all characters..
I'm dangerous like a fire in the nursing home
Old people burning, old people burning (Put your hands up)
Old people burning, old people burning (That's kind messed up)

Cavegeta
02.23.2012 , 05:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by A_Plastik_Spoon View Post
Lord Calypho server..
I could have sworn I saw that name on one of those two servers the other day and almost whispered, "Stay, gold" but figured they'd probably already heard that a million times already. Weird coincidence, though.

GeorgZoeller
02.23.2012 , 05:34 PM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.

reaperkeepet
02.24.2012 , 11:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We're definitely working on this (it's a much requested feature) but we have not made any statements regarding when this will be available.
w00t!
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

JCommando
02.24.2012 , 11:59 AM | #19
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but why DON'T some people want it so you can change your legacy? You're happy with yours good. Some people don't like theirs but that doesn't mean they should be stuck with it.

I'm one of the people that like my name so I'm not gonna change it. Power to the people who want it.
Daltron Hellfire Ω Lord of the Sith
Death Star PR Department
Keller's Void
I like Darth Nox. He uses teh force and doesn't afraid of anything.

terminova
02.24.2012 , 12:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
I can change my name in real life, and Legacy (which has been classed as a surname) is no different. Eventually it's likely people will be able to change their character's name as well.