Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Name Change Confirmed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Legacy Name Change Confirmed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Egees
02.23.2012 , 03:09 PM | #1
I was talking with a friend earlier today, and he told me that in the next patch, you will be able to change the Legacy Surname. Is this true or was he just trollin me?

Asavar
02.23.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2
Trolling.

Catch_TwentyTwo
02.23.2012 , 03:18 PM | #3
Myself and a whole lot of others were told in response to tickets raised on this that they were actively looking at providing the facility, but I have heard nothing to say that it was ready to go yet.
CATCH TwentyTwo

SW:TOR FORUM REVIEW PLAYLISTLATEST VIDEO
(Be original: Post a comment about how fat I am, or my lisp, but keep it civil...)

A_Plastik_Spoon
02.23.2012 , 03:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Egees View Post
I was talking with a friend earlier today, and he told me that in the next patch, you will be able to change the Legacy Surname. Is this true or was he just trollin me?
I sure hope so, my 'Ponyboy' legacy name sounded funny at 2 in the morning, but when I woke up wanted I to gag myself.
I'm dangerous like a fire in the nursing home
Old people burning, old people burning (Put your hands up)
Old people burning, old people burning (That's kind messed up)

Tuscad
02.23.2012 , 03:21 PM | #5
I am confused didn't you all want choices that mattered? Being stuck with a Legacy name good or sh**** matters because it sticks.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

jerumis
02.23.2012 , 03:26 PM | #6
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.

Lightmaguz
02.23.2012 , 03:39 PM | #7
Since when did every choice in life become necessarily permanent? I don't understand these purist types. Let them change what they want, paying in credits or dollars doesn't matter at all to you if you want to keep yours.

Egees
02.23.2012 , 03:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Catch_TwentyTwo View Post
Myself and a whole lot of others were told in response to tickets raised on this that they were actively looking at providing the facility, but I have heard nothing to say that it was ready to go yet.
I too have gotten an Email about that. Theres no doubt about it, this will be a feature of the game. Its just a matter of when are they going to add it.

Shuno
02.23.2012 , 03:39 PM | #9
Wishful thinking methinks

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

Morgalica
02.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jerumis View Post
this is the same as the advanced class topic. it doesnt need to be in the game. it says when you are picking it. you can not change it. and nor should you be able to. people just need to make better choices when playing there characters.
Actually you are wrong.

With advanced classes if you feel that you goofed up you can re-roll rather easy.
With the surnames you are stuck with it on that server for every toon you create from the day you picked the surname. That means if you goofed, that server is now dead to you or the surname is.

(edit) I am all for keeping the AC's the way they are. I love that once you pick it you are sticking with it for that toon.

As for the surnames, yes I can see how it would be nice to be able to re-do a 3am drunk poor choice, without having to restart on a new server.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.