Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR The Hardware Killer

dvsxxx
02.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by lineschmidt View Post
Again, you really should read up on this stuff

If something is overheating when you're playing TOR the fault lies in your hardware
I agree you might want to take it up with MSI and ask why there big fancy twin heat sink heat pipe setup sucks. Looks like its a factory oc as well maybe they screwed up there as well.

Not being a smart @#$ but you could just as easily blame MSI if you want to blame the game

TheRainstater
02.23.2012 , 01:53 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by RohanEagle View Post
My hardware is not old.LOL
My MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozr II is new.
To all the Guru guys that not believe that the software cause this issue, just read my first post about my cooling.

And there is another test, to show how my hardware work as normal.

http://www.abload.de/img/gpu_temp5aaulr.png
You said in your original post "Used Video Card"

Yes we see the nifty stock picture of a fancy cooler in your first post... And?

Aion. Nice I played that game as well. There is no one around you. Your not moving and its night

RohanEagle
02.23.2012 , 01:53 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by dvsxxx View Post
I agree you might want to take it up with MSI and ask why there big fancy twin hetasink heat pipe setup sucks.
Interesting, but with Aion and Lotro or other games, my hardware doesn't runs hot.

@TheRainstater
And who is around me in SWTOR Login screen?
The Jedi Tower

ArmchairMagpie
02.23.2012 , 01:55 PM | #64
I'm running on a Asus DirectCUII GTX 580 and although the game does put up an unusual load it's usually not higher than 70C. Currently at 68C. That is on Imperial screens.
On my Republic screens it's getting hotter, the GPU usage goes up from 44% to 72% and temperature rises to 76C (using my Smuggler and my Trooper as reference).
So if you don't want to toast your hardware, roll Empire. (<- Joke, no need to turn Sith irl)

DarthRavnos
02.23.2012 , 01:57 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by RohanEagle View Post
Interesting, but with Aion and Lotro or other games, my hardware don't runs hot.

@TheRainstater
And who is around me in SWTOR Login screen?
That's like saying "My engine doesn't run hot while riding my bicycle but for some reason it runs hot in the corvette".
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
~Bill Gates
"...its important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away."
~Doug Warner

zrinking
02.23.2012 , 01:59 PM | #66
The desperation is setting in.
EverQuest ....9 years, EQ2...launch and 1 year
SWG .... launch and 2 years, WOW ... launch and 4 months, Conan ... 1 week, Warhammer ... 2 weeks
Lotro.. launch and 5 years, Rift ....launch and 3 months

Eisenhorne
02.23.2012 , 02:02 PM | #67
Just a question - ( don't want to send the cat amongst the pigeons...)

You have a Q9550 CPU ?

Which has a stock Frequency of 2.83MHz with a VID of around 1.20v - 1.25v 'ish ?

... and yours is overclocked to 3.61MGhz with your VID ramped up to 1.300v ?

Just gonna assume you are one of the lucky owners who's non-overclocked E0 chip has a VID of 1.20v - Good for you =D

Have you tried running the game witout overclocking at all .. and watched the temps ?

Just putting it out there....

ispanolfw
02.23.2012 , 02:02 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRavnos View Post
That's like saying "My engine doesn't run hot while riding my bicycle but for some reason it runs hot in the corvette".
That's like saying "Aion and Lotro don't use the GPU, so of course it doesn't get hot"

Furrybeans
02.23.2012 , 02:02 PM | #69
SWTOR does appear to stress hardware considerably, far more than is necessary for the quality of graphics in the game IMO.

On a quad-core system all 4 cores are constantly being pushed pretty hard, and with just the game open I hit 4 GB memory usage frequently.

Games can't directly break hardware, but this one certainly pushes the hardware.

EnsignSorrow
02.23.2012 , 02:03 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
I can agree with this, i have to jack up my GPU's fan to 75% while playing this game or the card heats up very quickly. Mind you, i have a GTX 590, and the game runs pretty bad when shadows are enabled .. very disappointing.
Just displays your severe lack of knowledge. Try again. LOL