Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Consistent crashing to desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zeami
02.23.2012 , 11:51 AM | #951
pissed!

Spoiler
...And on the eighth day I was made

KIPPA - 50 Bounty Hunter Bodyguard
Ven Zallow

Cind
02.23.2012 , 01:58 PM | #952
  1. Frequency of crashes: every 5-20 minutes, game is practically unplayable past few weeks.
  2. DxDiag: Here you go (32-bit version):
    Spoiler
  3. I didn't notice anything common between crashes. It was while being idle, running around, fighting or talking with NPCs. I have been also playing different chars on different planets.
  4. Game client crashes to the desktop, sometimes without any error message, sometimes with windows asking me to terminate the application.

I have tried new graphics drivers (upgrading to both beta and newest WHQL nVidia drivers), I have tried to disable PCI-E soundcard and use onboard (both with latest drivers ofc). No effect on game stability. I'm seriously considering asking refund for my paid game time
aNYONE HAS SEEN MY cAPS lOCK KEY?

zokran
02.23.2012 , 02:11 PM | #953
It happens quite randomly some times, and then again at some repeating points

Spoiler

One that I know of where it happens is when I open my galaxy map on my ship...its not every time...and on ilum I get crashes more than I couple of times...sometimes even when Im running alone with no others around me...

BrocoliKiller
02.23.2012 , 10:17 PM | #954
There are worst days than others as of the frequency of the crashing to desktop.
Most of the time I get a crash once an hour or two. But today it happens every 5 minutes. It is the third or fourth times since January that it gets that bad.

DXDiag :

Spoiler

No particular trigger.. I may be running, fighting, on the speeder or talking. But, come to think of it, it has never happened while standing still.

Definitely a crash to desktop. The game freezes 2-3 seconds (sometimes more) than it closes without any message and I'm looking at my desktop!

Hope you'll find what's wrong!

SFC-Lawndart
02.24.2012 , 12:22 AM | #955

zaknafane
02.24.2012 , 01:47 AM | #956
Since the most recent patch I have been crashing to desktop on load screens about 50% of the time I load my character into the game or into new areas. Only a problem on my Bounty Hunter, none of my other chars. Before this last patch I think I had crashed once since early game access. I have updated video drivers, run the repair tool on patcher, submitted in game tickets which are promptly closed......

Spoiler

LordKyrone
02.24.2012 , 10:46 AM | #957
Since february 14th patch, completely random closes to desktop, no crash report as the client appears to close itself.

Played with all the settings and using windows mode, updated all drivers and with everything up to date, even then update specifications and still no solution.

Completely random with no real trigger, can sometimes be every few minutes or can go whole hours without anything

Spoiler

tachi
02.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #958
Since this week's patch I've been crashing to desktop during bosses in ops (once during gharj, once during the robot guy, and once during soa, all on hardmode) , and also just doing dailies on belsavis, twice within 2 minutes. For the ops crashes I was in combat, using abilities. For the bel crashes I was not.

here is the dxdiag

Spoiler

Anderofindel
02.24.2012 , 08:54 PM | #959
Ever since patch 1.1.4 my game will spontaneously crash to desktop during open-world PvE and during flashpoints.

As I am leveling a Sith Juggernaut alt, I find it extremely frustrating that I cannot complete my class quests on Taris because some areas crash to desktop every 10 seconds. I love Warzones, but I also love my storyline.

Running an I7 Processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and a 2GB Graphics Card should not be an issue with this game. Also, I have not had these issues until this most recent patch. Please fix this ASAP, it is driving me insane.
Krithika, Marksmanship Sniper
Sauros, Darkness Assassin
Ben'lew, Vigilance Guardian
Begeren Colony GSF every day

BaraHeiko
02.25.2012 , 02:05 AM | #960
At the moment the first crash would be after an hour or two of straight gameplay then become more and more frequent (ie crashing after 30-45mins then progressing to crashing every 4-5mins).

Dxdiag here:
Spoiler

Even after the latest patch I've been crashing still whether it would be while I'm traveling, stationary (talking to NPC or w/e) or combat. Seemingly at random at first.