Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

Estelindis
02.23.2012 , 09:33 AM | #11
It was my pleasure! You're quite welcome.

Getting the shots wasn't hard; I just previewed the items on my character and her companion, took screenshots with FRAPS (since, for some reason, Print Screen only gives me a blank image in this game), and pasted each one into half the selected area of a small image using the GIMP picture editor. I should probably post them to DarthHater, but I'd already put them on TORhead and didn't think of doing the same for other sites.

Yes, I've seen none of the lower-level items that were lacking in your list. I would suspect the schematics for heavy 11 and 15 are just rare (though this seems unfair!), but there's nothing about them on TORhead at all. It wouldn't surprise me about there being no sub-19 circlets, though, since you don't even get regular green headgear patterns from synth until, I believe, level 26.

I'd say it'd do no harm to remove the placeholders from level 19 downwards. We can always put them back in later, if needed.

Anyway, do you want to edit your post to add my info, so that we don't have two separate giant lists?

Sanzorz
02.23.2012 , 09:44 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadarra View Post
Estelindis, thank you for adding the republic counterparts! How did you get the model viewer shots? I would love to clean up all the darthhater links and do that for the Imperial sets. It's much nicer.

And, it looks like there is no Heavy set for levels 15 and 11 for the Republic either. And, no headgear for anything under Level 19. I'm going to assume now that those do not exist. The only question remains was it an oversight and should we leave the placeholders for the future? Or is it intentional and we can remove those placeholders?
There are heavy sets below 19. I'm currently at work, but I'm quite sure the 15 part is called Republic Commando. The level 11 is called Hardened Plastifold. I believe there is one or two more models in between aswell. No headgear seen as recipes yet either.

/edit
My bad regarding title as those are tied to Armormech. In any case I'll check later on another toon. Fairly sure they relate to each other.

xray-alpha
02.23.2012 , 10:59 AM | #13
(possibly) dumb question, but if it says specific to IA/SW does that mean I can't equip it on my Vette (or other companions for that matter)?

DanteMVH
02.23.2012 , 11:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by xray-alpha View Post
(possibly) dumb question, but if it says specific to IA/SW does that mean I can't equip it on my Vette (or other companions for that matter)?
Correct, companions can't equip class specific gear.

xray-alpha
02.23.2012 , 11:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DanteMVH View Post
Correct, companions can't equip class specific gear.
Well that just sucks! Vette would look so hot in the sith dueling set...

Jadarra
02.23.2012 , 11:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
It was my pleasure! You're quite welcome.

Getting the shots wasn't hard; I just previewed the items on my character and her companion, took screenshots with FRAPS (since, for some reason, Print Screen only gives me a blank image in this game), and pasted each one into half the selected area of a small image using the GIMP picture editor. I should probably post them to DarthHater, but I'd already put them on TORhead and didn't think of doing the same for other sites.

Yes, I've seen none of the lower-level items that were lacking in your list. I would suspect the schematics for heavy 11 and 15 are just rare (though this seems unfair!), but there's nothing about them on TORhead at all. It wouldn't surprise me about there being no sub-19 circlets, though, since you don't even get regular green headgear patterns from synth until, I believe, level 26.

I'd say it'd do no harm to remove the placeholders from level 19 downwards. We can always put them back in later, if needed.

Anyway, do you want to edit your post to add my info, so that we don't have two separate giant lists?
I have downloaded FRAPS and will try to get the same type of screenshots for the Imperial sets to be consistent.

I changed the headgear slot for the lower levels to say 'No headgear'.

And, I've added the Republic sets into the original post. Once I get the Imperial screenshots, it should look great! It's also nice having all of this information in one place .

Thanks!
Karys
Sanctum of the Exalted - Crimson Nova Recruiting Officer

www.crimsonnova.net

Jadarra
02.23.2012 , 12:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanzorz View Post
/edit
My bad regarding title as those are tied to Armormech. In any case I'll check later on another toon. Fairly sure they relate to each other.
I'm anxious to see if you've found the missing heavy Synthweaver sets! I've been searching the GTN for about a week now, once I became aware of the missing sets, and have to see any schematic for them. Either I have terrible luck finding them, they are REALLY rare, or they are indeed missing.
Karys
Sanctum of the Exalted - Crimson Nova Recruiting Officer

www.crimsonnova.net

Tenacity
02.23.2012 , 12:25 PM | #18
Interesting, though it'd be better if images were provided.

I'm going to be rolling a sorceror after the legacy patch is released, and I'm looking at trying to make a true sith-style outfit (black robes/hood, simple and not overdone like all the endgame gear in this game is), trying to go for augmentation slots in each piece.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Ror-bi-wan
02.23.2012 , 12:48 PM | #19
Have a look.

I only searched chest pieces since you can only craft chest legs head for these sets anyways to keep it simple. Unfortunetly I can't filter out armortech.

I doublechecked all the sets to make sure the schematic existed.

I put the cost in at 1000 since the sets that came up before mob dropped sets "Jedi Battlelord" and whatnot were in a whole different price range.

HEAVY - 7 Per faction

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/...rt/-level,name

MEDIUM - 8 Per Faction

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/...000/and/slot/7

LIGHT - 8 Per Faction

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/...000/and/slot/7

Hope that helps.

Ror