Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

Veriu
02.23.2012 , 06:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Sith View Post
Full rakata is attainable from hardmodes alone. Even if they changed it so nightmare dropped 4 rakata instead of 2 rakata, the only result would be making it quicker to gear alts in rakata.
Did you read the post I was responding to? Here's the important bit.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
There is no need for rakata or 136 gear, simply because YOU do not need it in order to clear the raids. You already outgear the raids with the first epic set. That is not how progress works, sorry.
136 is columi, btw.

So he's saying that because you can clear current content in tionese, there is no reason to have any gear any better. My point was that current gear also has to be good enough to make it through the first few bosses of the next content.

Given Bioware's idea of normal & then hard/nightmare difficulties....my guess, is that columi will be enough to get the average player into normal mode of next content, while rakata is enough to get the average player into hardmode of the next content. That makes sense to me at least.

And yes, as skill goes up, the needed gear goes down. A very good group of players can probably complete hardmodes in lvl 50 blues and don't even need tionese.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Foenixz
02.23.2012 , 07:31 AM | #12
Ummmm ....

HM drops set ps Rakkata

NMM drops Rakkata set pcs AND off pcs.

That is all
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Tyfusius
02.23.2012 , 08:19 AM | #13
To answer the question in the title; When will Nightmare stop dropping hardmode loots?

When you set to Master Looter!

At least we had a bug that would prevent any Rakata loot to drop when we used Master Looter in Nightmare Mode. When we swapped to Free For All Rakata was there. Nice bug.

So if you use Master Looter, you have a chance of it dropping Normal Mode loot.

We're doomed....