Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No process to remove security key

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No process to remove security key

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 11:34 AM | #1
Because of issues with the website saying that the mobile security key was not linked to my account when it actually was, I deleted the app to try and start the process again. Refreshed the page and then it became apparent that the link was made between the now deleted mobile security key and my account.

I now need to remove the security key from my account. After calling the customer support line and finding no options regarding support of the key other than a pre-recorded message as to where to buy one, I waited for more than two hours to speak to an account representative who first suggested that security keys were not enabled. Then after trying to reach someone who could help me, took my phone number and said they would call me back. Its now been many hours since that call.

Is there no set policy for removing security keys from accounts?

Has anyone had a similar experience or gotten help from customer service with this issue?

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 12:42 PM | #2
No droid can even answer if there is a process for removing the security key or how I go about doing that?

No one else has had this issue yet?

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 01:21 PM | #3
I placed a email support ticket and received back the boilerplate response that issues regarding security questions could only be answered over the phone even though my message made it plainly clear that I just wanted to know about how I go about removing my security key or if there was any process in place for doing so.

Still have no word back from the rep I spoke to at 8:30 AM this morning regarding this issue.

Rulyen
12.15.2011 , 01:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by isntsean View Post
I placed a email support ticket and received back the boilerplate response that issues regarding security questions could only be answered over the phone even though my message made it plainly clear that I just wanted to know about how I go about removing my security key or if there was any process in place for doing so.

Still have no word back from the rep I spoke to at 8:30 AM this morning regarding this issue.
Currently there is no way to remove the authenticator from your account. Posts have said the system is not operational. People that jumped the gun and authenticated anyways will probably have to wait until launch day, or close to, for BW to get the system working smoothly.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 02:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
Posts have said the system is not operational.
Can you point me to those posts? I would really appreciate it.

I cannot believe they would deploy a system like this without an ability even for BW to remove a security key from an account.

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 03:16 PM | #6
I found this twitter reply by @SWTOR that was made this morning. Hopefully their customer service team actually knows how to do this now unlike when I called earlier.

https://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/147338234102419456

bentrain
12.18.2011 , 06:14 AM | #7
experiencing the same this here ... its like they dont even care that people are unable when i contacted customer support; all i recieved was a deer in the headlights . they had no idea on what to do and frankly what the problem was. They have no solution for this and will continue to send us in circles until they do

very unimpressed