Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

Dirtysolutions
02.21.2012 , 02:41 PM | #61
I find I must elaborate further =)

My top 3 memories from 7 years of playing mmorpgs (wow until swtor came and saved my addiction, and presented me a "pusher" that had good sh*t since my last one had started to cut its stuff a little to much for me =)

1. When my guild downed "Vaelastrasz" the first time. After four hours of trying we got him at the "ok guys one last attempt before we call it". The roar of triumph on TS was deafening.... And this was when 40-man-raids was standard. Which made it that much harder and due to that - That much more epic when we pulled it off.

2. When we downed Lich King. We worked hard as hell and when we finally pulled it off we felt so IMBA =)

3. When I got "Manslayer of the Qiraj" I was sooooo drooling after that sword, and I got wood when it droped hahaha

As I said before, I would count as a casual player so these moments for me would probably count as downing of Kel'Thuzad in Vanilla for u hardcore guys.

TLDR? = It is a lot more fun and rewarding to achieve something u've been fighting hard for, even for a causal guy like me. My roof of whats "achievable drool objects or realistic raid-progress is just lower than the hardcore guys. It doesnt mean its less epic for me.

To make a comparison - A guy that benchpress 100 kg´s for the first time and brakes his personal record is going to feel just as pleased with himself as I am doing 170 kg´s (My other hobby besides mmorpgs is strengthtraining, no brag intended, it comes natural as a comparison fo me, but anyway I think u understand my point?)

edit:spelling

alifaraaz
02.21.2012 , 04:34 PM | #62
/signed

MorbidAri
02.21.2012 , 04:36 PM | #63
You shouldn't be crying about 16 made easier than 8, you should be crying about how easy Hard and Nightmare are.

I'm glad 16m is being made Viable to those who don't want to beat their heads on the keyboard. I have full cleared Hard on 8m and 4/5 NMM EV. NMM 8m is actually easier than 16m norm.

The issue isn't size vs. difficulty. It's hard/nmm being too easy.

Pick your battles, this isn't one of them.

Aelrail
02.21.2012 , 06:49 PM | #64
/signed

When a raid group decides to do larger size group raids (like 16 man ops), what the group is looking for is a bigger challenge, not something easier.

Why else would we bother with all the work involved in getting 16 people together? If we'd like it easy we would go 8 man and be done with that.

So please make 16 mans more challenging and increase the challenge of hard, and nightmare modes.

Thanks

Luthier
02.22.2012 , 07:02 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by MorbidAri View Post
You shouldn't be crying about 16 made easier than 8, you should be crying about how easy Hard and Nightmare are.

I'm glad 16m is being made Viable to those who don't want to beat their heads on the keyboard. I have full cleared Hard on 8m and 4/5 NMM EV. NMM 8m is actually easier than 16m norm.

The issue isn't size vs. difficulty. It's hard/nmm being too easy.

Pick your battles, this isn't one of them.
Yes Hard Mode and Nightmare being too easy is a real issue. That does not mean that this topic is not, nor that it is insignificant.
R]

paowee
04.23.2013 , 01:12 PM | #66
Signed! Especially 16-man Golden fury.. that fight was too easy even for "NiM" / HM..
Now.. 16-man HM Firebrand and Stormcaller when it first came out.. that was a challenge!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Aerro
04.23.2013 , 03:15 PM | #67
/signed

My signature is more so, "Please make content harder- so derps can be seen a lot easier, giving us the ability to weed out those we are carrying while also having content that provides an actual challenge and isn't cleared within 2.5 hours the 2nd time seeing it."

My background experience started back in Vanilla with World 3rd Naxx40 clear. After many years of hardcore raiding with some casual inbetweens, I can easily say that SWTOR's content is extremely lacking. Now, that doesn't mean that the content itself is bad- because the fights are quite enjoyable- but from a hardcore standpoint the fights are overly simplistic and provide no real challenge other than logging on and doing it.

Actually, I'd say the only challenge this game has to offer is the fact that tier pieces aren't itemized properly and give us stats we don't want- so we have to take extra effort to grab new mods/enhancements to make up for random alacrity on DPS gear.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

DarthFamine
04.24.2013 , 07:57 AM | #68
I'm going to have to disagree with OP. Getting 16 people together at one time is a pain in the arse.
I'm all for nightmare modes being harder, make them unforgiving stompfests littered with the broken corpses of the players.

But story and hard modes no,
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Ansalem
04.24.2013 , 08:08 AM | #69
way to necrothread:P I agree though 16m should be more difficult but I also think it should reward better loot. That is the one thing that is missing from this game that really makes 16m worth running. They need to give better drops in 16m HM and Nightmare modes. I dont know if they want to make an entire nightmare gear tier of 16m gear but I think it would be kind of cool to do. Or maybe even just give better offset drops or mounts/pets etc something extra.

Grimsblood
04.24.2013 , 08:56 AM | #70
Coming from a 16 man guild, I do agree. We have only done 16 man content since HM EC was the only op. With this Tier of content in 2.0, we cleared all of the HM within the first week as 16 (This includes, HM SV, HM TFB and that Golden Furry thing).

However, the argument for getting 16 people together is part of the challenge, yada yada yada is valid................for SM and maybe HM. When it comes to NiM, no casual guild should even cast a glance in that direction. NiM is the difficulty that should set 8 man and 16 man apart from each other. We in Severity Gaming are hoping that NiM TFB will make what we went through progressing through NiM EC child's play.

In any event, at the end of the day it is all about what the majority want in this game. They have to please the masses in order to make the money.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger