Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did the Sith get defeated after the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How did the Sith get defeated after the Old Republic?

falom
02.21.2012 , 06:18 PM | #61
To those who keeps saying read the Bane books, Kaan's brotherhood of darkness was originally started by Darth Ruin, which happens after the Empire in this game.

I don't remember it exactly, but I thought this empire will end with civil war

BrandonSM
02.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by falom View Post
To those who keeps saying read the Bane books, Kaan's brotherhood of darkness was originally started by Darth Ruin, which happens after the Empire in this game.

I don't remember it exactly, but I thought this empire will end with civil war
Wrong. Darth Ruin's SE's fall was the start of the BoH. I think.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

falom
02.21.2012 , 06:31 PM | #63
That is what I meant, as in the BoH in the Bane books came after Darth Ruin's Empire. I guess my point was, for those who keeps saying read the Bane books, was that the BoH, nor the empire before it (Darth Ruin), was obviously not the one in the game

Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Wrong. Darth Ruin's SE's fall was the start of the BoH. I think.

scurrymacleod
02.21.2012 , 06:58 PM | #64
the Bane novels start about 1000 years before ANH. during that time, the sith empire is gone, and Korriban falls to the republic (again, one of the opening chapters in the first Bane books has Kaan and two other top sith on the planet after it is recaptured). no mention of Dromund Kaas anyhere. also the knight errant book gives a look at sith space (and those sith in there are warring family members!)

in the Darth Plagueis book (which i highly recommend), it's mentioned that since Bane, there was either 30 or 33 sith lords in the "family tree" (meaning Bane's rule of 2 lineage). another thing mentioned in there is that not all lords stuck to the rule of 2 (Maul was around with Plagueis and sidious.)

i want to know 2 things.

first, i echo the TC, as what happened to the empire between TOR and Bane.
second, i'd like to know all of the sith lords in the bane lineage from him to vader.

Jandi
02.21.2012 , 07:16 PM | #65
The most logical outcome, and the most probable, is that the Dark Council turn on each other after the players (rep and sith) kill the emperor after he comes back. The reps kill him for obvious reasons and the sith kill him for... well power for inqs, money for mercs, some bogus reason for agents and he sends the SW on a stupid suicide mission or something.

Already, in the time of the game at the moment, the temporary power vacuum of the emperor is being fought over. When he really dies, there will be a full-fledged civil war.

EDIT: The way the empire is structured, it might splinter into multiple small factions that get assimilated to the republic, eventually.

maxetius
02.21.2012 , 07:36 PM | #66
The obvious reason Sith would kill the Emperor is because, well the Emperor's end goal is to consume all the force in the galaxy, to hoard it and live forever, to destroy the republic, destroy the empire, to kill every living thing, rule the void alone, and know peace.

The only reason anybody follows him is because his plans haven't come to light. When they do, he's dead meat.

After the events of the game [or during, who knows] the Republic likely collapses [as it's done many, many times in Star Wars history] the Empire collapses [fragments ruled by those powerful enough to control them.] and one side will absorb the other over time, only to collapse again and be remade later.

So there's no 'clear cut' victory.

IroquoisPliskin
02.21.2012 , 07:40 PM | #67
There entire culture is based on backstabbing each other. Also the good guy always wins, and don't kid yourself the Republic are the good guys. Although that is not hard when your competition wants everyone dead.
No sheep were harmed in the making of this game. Well there was that one, but he had it coming!